0 Offset on 34s+ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So just to clarify to do 35s the KDSS relocation kit is unavoidable?

HE wheels
1.25” spacers
BP51
Spc uca
Bmc
Timbren bumpstops

35s won’t? What’s the closest to 35 tire size?

HE wheels
1.25” spacers
BP51
Spc uca
Bmc
Timbren bumpstops

2 ways to avoid KDSS relocation kit that I am aware of if wanting to run 35's, you can run zero offset or run a Tundra front end swap. The people I know running 35's with a similar setup to your list above had to do a KDSS relocation to avoid rubbing the bar at full lock, just my 2 cents...

HE wheels
1.25” spacers
BP51
Spc uca
Bmc
Timbren bumpstops

closest you can run without all of the extra mods is a 34, like a 285/70 R18 or 285/75 R17 etc...

Why is BMC such frowned upon here?

My perspective is that I would never buy a vehicle that has a body mount chop done to it, so I would never to do it to my vehicle. I'm a little bit of an outlier in the sense that I literally consider the impact of resale value on every purchase or mod I make because I tend to buy/sell cars more than most, but in my experience any type of truly permanent modification like cutting or welding drastically reduces the pool of buyers in the future. My aversion has nothing to do with the performance gained with the mod, and as someone whose tried 35s twice on a 200, I think it makes a lot of sense even though it's not for me.

closest you can run without all of the extra mods is a 34, like a 285/70 R18 or 285/75 R17 etc...
another MTR only size - 275/80r17 - 34.3"

My perspective is that I would never buy a vehicle that has a body mount chop done to it, so I would never to do it to my vehicle. I'm a little bit of an outlier in the sense that I literally consider the impact of resale value on every purchase or mod I make because I tend to buy/sell cars more than most, but in my experience any type of truly permanent modification like cutting or welding drastically reduces the pool of buyers in the future. My aversion has nothing to do with the performance gained with the mod, and as someone whose tried 35s twice on a 200, I think it makes a lot of sense even though it's not for me.
I think that’s where you and I would probably differ. I would consider trimming or cutting fender liners more as a negative than a bmc for resale. That actually affects performance and integrity of the vehicle more than a perfectly done and executed bmc.

It’s safe to say with the 0 offset the 285/70/17 fits without BMC. You and a couple of mudders have done. By the way do you have any steering problems?

may need to check out OverlandDad to see how he did it.
No steering problems whatsoever.
Looking at my rig I can def see how a 285/70 R17 can work with zero offset and no BMC, but damn a 35x10.50 R17 with no BMC, that blows my mind, maybe this front tire can be pushed further forward than I thought, but then ya risk CV's a bit more right? I love to see people pushing the zero offset game with these big 200's, I believe this is a great offset for these rigs! Keep the pics flowing of zero offset in this thread! Here's my 100 with zero offset and 35's, works perfectly!!!

View attachment 2653637

View attachment 2653639

View attachment 2653642
Here's the 35x10.5R17 on 17x8.5 + 0, no BMC or KDSS relo:

AFAIK nobody has yet to take on the in-between sizes of 35x11.5R17 and 285/75R18 on 0 offset.

Last edited:
Here's the 35x10.5R17 on 17x8.5 + 0, no BMC or KDSS relo:

AFAIK nobody has yet to take on the in-between sizes of 35x11.5R17 and 285/75R18 on 0 offset.
WOW no BMC or KDSS relocation, proly an ideal setup for the 200!

WOW no BMC or KDSS relocation, proly an ideal setup for the 200!
The secret sauce is the ZERO offset, but we are not suppose to say that because it doesn't work for the 200🤪

Damn the 0 offset just ain’t that friendly. I was looking at @Gorilla set and he tested the flexes with method 314 17x8.5 0 offset on 285/70/17. The flex test was good. I don’t know if he did BMC though. Gotta look up.

Hey mate, no BMC for me, all I have is the front strut spacer that pretty much did nothing, removed front mud flaps and used a heat gun to push back the front fender liners a bit. It only just touches when full lock but its on the plastic trim it touche thats it

Hey mate, no BMC for me, all I have is the front strut spacer that pretty much did nothing, removed front mud flaps and used a heat gun to push back the front fender liners a bit. It only just touches when full lock but its on the plastic trim it touche thats it
Thx @Gorilla !

35's with zero offset wheels Moab tested, Fins & Thangs, Steel Bender etc...

i-LKGTXvg-X3.jpg

Beasting @kreiten ! Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like you have got some goodies installed on your rig.

How did your experience go with your wheel n suspension setup?

Beasting @kreiten ! Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like you have got some goodies installed on your rig.

How did your experience go with your wheel n suspension setup?
Setup worked out awesome, can't wait to get my new coilovers on with HD springs, winch, rear locker etc... The rig performed perfectly, honestly this setup really works out great, just a couple tweaks to make here and there but she's ready for more action!!!

i-GRX3qkJ-X2.jpg

Setup worked out awesome, can't wait to get my new coilovers on with HD springs, winch, rear locker etc... The rig performed perfectly, honestly this setup really works out great, just a couple tweaks to make here and there but she's ready for more action!!!

View attachment 2697137
Did you end up having to do the KDSS Relocation after testing? Or is it completely avoidable with the 0 offset?

Did you end up having to do the KDSS Relocation after testing? Or is it completely avoidable with the 0 offset?
I ended up doing it after some test runs as it was close to hitting. If you cut enough out in the body chop and got the alighnment in the exact right spot it would proly be possible to not do the kdss. But at the end of the day for me I just wanted to have more space and not cut it so close so I installed the kdss relo kit.

I ended up doing it after some test runs as it was close to hitting. If you cut enough out in the body chop and got the alighnment in the exact right spot it would proly be possible to not do the kdss. But at the end of the day for me I just wanted to have more space and not cut it so close so I installed the kdss relo kit.
Bumping this thread as I plan to run 0 offset wheels and 35x12.5x17 MTs. Which front and rear bumpstops are you running? incredible looking rig - i'm just concerned if the rear tires will contact the fender at all

Bumping this thread as I plan to run 0 offset wheels and 35x12.5x17 MTs. Which front and rear bumpstops are you running? incredible looking rig - i'm just concerned if the rear tires will contact the fender at all
Thanks for the props on the rig, I run the Timbren front and rear bumpstops, no contact with the rear fenders at all.

For what it's worth and you may want to go into this eyes wide open.

You'll need to limit up travel to a degree if running full width 35x12.5s on aggressive offsets. Either with higher spring rates/lift and/or bump stops. Stuffing 35s at the rear with a flexed axle is one thing, but stuffing both rear tires at the same time on something like a heavy landing won't clear the fenders. Not even close.

Fronts won't clear either and will be putting a nice crease in the fender if really stuffing the tire. Same solution - higher spring rates/lift and/or bump stops.

This is what 35x12.5s look like with +35 offset. It will fully stuff but required some fender lip rolling. +0 offset puts this an over an inch further out.

1648615384058.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom