0 Offset on 34s+ (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any of you with 0 offset wheels that are on 34s or bigger?

What are your driving impressions? I know theres

looking to go with a 0 offset 285/75/17 as dd.

25mm offset has been made to work by multiple 200 owners on here. If you are not set on the 0 offset going with 25mm will make the fitment easier and would provide better results.

This image is of 0 offset with LT285/70r17. The Tires poke out well past the fenders.

78BB615B-EEC7-4825-943F-A0EDB4DDEC38.png

I think it’s too aggressive and if you lift you’ll have torque steer issues, need to trim etc. +25 is what I have and seemed to be the consensus on optimal offset. I love how these Icon Rebounds feel and my 275/70/18s are pretty flush with fenders without spacers.

I think it’s too aggressive and if you lift you’ll have torque steer issues, need to trim etc. +25 is what I have and seemed to be the consensus on optimal offset. I love how these Icon Rebounds feel and my 275/70/18s are pretty flush with fenders without spacers.
Any reason you didn’t go for the 285/70/18? I have the same 275/70/18 but with a 8.5x18 wheel with 45mm offset. Unfortunately I don’t think My 45mm offset will work with the larger 285/70/18, I believe I’d be all over the driver and passenger side KDSS sway bars.

I run 17 inch Methods(zero offset) wrapped in Goodyear 35x12.50 MTR's, I noticed no driving differences when I changed from 20mm offset 18's to the 17's with zero offset, just my 2 cents. To run 34/35 with a zero offset rim ya gotta do the Body Mount chop, bump stops and cut the inner fender liner a bit.

i-ngJLs2L-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Any reason you didn’t go for the 285/70/18? I have the same 275/70/18 but with a 8.5x18 wheel with 45mm offset. Unfortunately I don’t think My 45mm offset will work with the larger 285/70/18, I believe I’d be all over the driver and passenger side KDSS sway bars.
I went with 275/70/18 because it seemed to be the “largest stock tire with no modifications” on here and I knew the spare would fit. I was on OEM rims initially so, to me, the tires looked a little tucked in and not aggressive enough. I then got Spidertrax installed but didn’t like the road feedback they added, and it didn’t seem to handle as well. I ended up getting new bronze Icon wheels and ditched the spacers. Truck feels perfect now.

Plus when I eventually do a lift, I won’t be going more than an inch or two and I think these tires will still look good. Ask me again after it’s lifted though lol.

You might be right about the sway bars, if I had that extra width I think I’d be hitting them as well.

Thanks for all that replied.

I know a lot y’all support the +25 as the ideal offset for the least work and for friendlier driving behavior.

I’ve read a few members at 0 offset with 285/70/17 and seem to be ok.

@kreiten was hoping no BMC for the listed wheel n size combo in my original post.

damn there are a lot of nice 0 offset wheels.

For a 285/75R17 tire, I'd follow mcgaskins lead

Do it right and you won't need a BMC for that tire size. Lower offset can create more tire swing and cause more fitment issues than it solves. Also know that it pushes the tires past the fender limits and you may need to resort to things like bump stop limiter or a body lift for clearance. Also invites suspension geometry and handling issues that can be fatiguing to drive especially on longer trips.

Do it right and you won't need a BMC for that tire size. Lower offset can create more tire swing and cause more fitment issues than it solves. Also know that it pushes the tires past the fender limits and you may need to resort to things like bump stop limiter or a body lift for clearance. Also invites suspension geometry and handling issues that can be fatiguing to drive especially on longer trips.
Been following @mcgaskins ride and the 285/75/17 +25 seem to be a solid choice for 34s.

Ok so I don't disagree that 25 to 35mm is a great offset for wheels, I ran 20mm offset with 34's on my 200 and 35mm offset on my LX470 with 33's for years, they work great! The post said 34's and up, I just want new guys to understand if you run a 35 inch tire(no matter what offset) and you actually wheel your rig hard without sorting out the rear bump stops it will rub!!! As for zero ish offset it def solved the KDSS issue, you can also solve that with the Slee relocation kit but that comes with it's own bag of problems and increased wear. There is a reason when you run trails like Rubicon that most of the rigs have their tires pushed out beyond the wheel wells. Number one it makes you more stable, number 2 when you are up against a rock or tree it allows you to still gain traction with the side of your tire without the front or rear fender caving in etc.. We can run numbers and theory's all day, I'll be out beating on my 200 running trails!!!

I went with 275/70/18 because it seemed to be the “largest stock tire with no modifications” on here and I knew the spare would fit. I was on OEM rims initially so, to me, the tires looked a little tucked in and not aggressive enough. I then got Spidertrax installed but didn’t like the road feedback they added, and it didn’t seem to handle as well. I ended up getting new bronze Icon wheels and ditched the spacers. Truck feels perfect now.

Plus when I eventually do a lift, I won’t be going more than an inch or two and I think these tires will still look good. Ask me again after it’s lifted though lol.

You might be right about the sway bars, if I had that extra width I think I’d be hitting them as well.
Yeah unfortunately theres no way around the oem wheels not looking sucked in with 275s. When I am running my all season hwy tires in 275/70/18 (w/ 2017 LC wheels) it's definitely not an ideal look to say the least.

You'll be good with a 1-2" lift with those 275s and 25mm offset. My LC looks solid even with a 45mm offset wheel and 275/70/18s with a 2" lift.

Reactions: BVE
Ok so I don't disagree that 25 to 35mm is a great offset for wheels, I ran 20mm offset with 34's on my 200 and 35mm offset on my LX470 with 33's for years, they work great! The post said 34's and up, I just want new guys to understand if you run a 35 inch tire(no matter what offset) and you actually wheel your rig hard without sorting out the rear bump stops it will rub!!! As for zero ish offset it def solved the KDSS issue, you can also solve that with the Slee relocation kit but that comes with it's own bag of problems and increased wear. There is a reason when you run trails like Rubicon that most of the rigs have their tires pushed out beyond the wheel wells. Number one it makes you more stable, number 2 when you are up against a rock or tree it allows you to still gain traction with the side of your tire without the front or rear fender caving in etc.. We can run numbers and theory's all day, I'll be out beating on my 200 running trails!!!
Hows the rubbing if any at the front with 35s and 0 offset? The optics make it looke like when the front wheel is articulating/compressed the tire would hit the fender.

@TeCKis300 The SparesBox guys run the same wheels I run with 35's, but what do they know about what works 🤪

The SparesBox guys run the same wheels I run with 35's, but what do they know about what works 🤪

and I know they run fender flares, I may go that route and some point also!

Hows the rubbing if any at the front with 35s and 0 offset? The optics make it looke like when the front wheel is articulating/compressed the tire would hit the fender.

Here's what a 35x12.5 looks like at full stuff with +35 in front. It does contact and needs a tucking of the wheel well liner moved to above the tabs to resolve. The rear may contact too. There's a seat belt bolt that protrudes that's best cut off to minimize issues. Aggressive offsets are going to need aggressive mods.

There's good reason as kreiten points out to use low offsets and wide tracks. If your rig is a heavily used for rock crawling and hardcore off-road, that may be just the reason to do it. There's trades though to other uses as I've already mentioned. If built heavy and towing heavy, perhaps for more overland and DD type uses, it may swing the trades to using more conservative offsets.

Done this way, can even keep the mud flaps.

1619116715974.png

1619116736408.png

1619117318518.png

Last edited:
Thanks for all that replied.

I know a lot y’all support the +25 as the ideal offset for the least work and for friendlier driving behavior.

I’ve read a few members at 0 offset with 285/70/17 and seem to be ok.

@kreiten was hoping no BMC for the listed wheel n size combo in my original post.

damn there are a lot of nice 0 offset wheels.
Zero offset with a 285/75 R17 you are still gonna have to do a BMC (I meant 285/75 R17 as that was the size in the original post)

Last edited:
Zero offset with a 285/70 R17 you are still gonna have to do a BMC
Damn the 0 offset just ain’t that friendly. I was looking at @Gorilla set and he tested the flexes with method 314 17x8.5 0 offset on 285/70/17. The flex test was good. I don’t know if he did BMC though. Gotta look up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom