0 Offset on 34s+ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run 17 inch Methods(zero offset) wrapped in Goodyear 35x12.50 MTR's, I noticed no driving differences when I changed from 20mm offset 18's to the 17's with zero offset, just my 2 cents. To run 34/35 with a zero offset rim ya gotta do the Body Mount chop, bump stops and cut the inner fender liner a bit.

View attachment 2652741
OT - How do you like the MTRs?

I run 17 inch Methods(zero offset) wrapped in Goodyear 35x12.50 MTR's, I noticed no driving differences when I changed from 20mm offset 18's to the 17's with zero offset, just my 2 cents. To run 34/35 with a zero offset rim ya gotta do the Body Mount chop, bump stops and cut the inner fender liner a bit.

View attachment 2652741
Damn look at that beast!

Damn the 0 offset just ain’t that friendly. I was looking at @Gorilla set and he tested the flexes with method 314 17x8.5 0 offset on 285/70/17. The flex test was good. I don’t know if he did BMC though. Gotta look up.
I meant 285/75 R17 as was mentioned in the original post, that 70 was a typo. I could see the 285/70 R17 maybe working with zero offset and no BMC, kinda depends on how far ya push the wheel/tire combo forward with the alighnment proly.

I meant 285/75 R17 as was mentioned in the original post, that 70 was a typo. I could see the 285/70 R17 maybe working with zero offset and no BMC, kinda depends on how far ya push the wheel/tire combo forward with the alighnment proly.
Gotcha. Love seeing some fatties on the 200. 34s and 35s just look so proper.

Hows the rubbing if any at the front with 35s and 0 offset? The optics make it looke like when the front wheel is articulating/compressed the tire would hit the fender.
no rubbing yet, I did ad the Timbren front bumpstops from Slee Offroad also.

i-ZXmqbX8-X2.jpg

Zero offset with 35s. It’s got 4.5” BDS tundra lift and 5” lift OME springs in back. Bump stops are extended. More details in my build thread.

9C65D6B6-21F0-45D9-BC87-883CE7C3E5F7.jpeg

Zero offset with 35s. It’s got 4.5” BDS tundra lift and 5” lift OME springs in back. Bump stops are extended. More details in my build thread.

View attachment 2652990
Hell Yes, that thing is straight BEAST MODE Kamal, I love it! ZERO offset just looks so F**CKING good on 200's!!! Fingers crossed your 80 is ready for this summers run, Cheers buddy!

I'm running 0 offset with 33's (285/70R17) on stock suspension aside from the OEM front coil spacer. Just trimming and molding to fit. It seems like (some brands of) 34's should fit without need for a BMC. OverlandDad on instagram ran 285/75R17 on 0 offset. Kenda 35x10.5R17 fits on 0 offset without need for any BMC or KDSS relo. May cut it close but it's been done.

I'm running 0 offset with 33's (285/70R17) on stock suspension aside from the OEM front coil spacer. Just trimming and molding to fit. It seems like (some brands of) 34's should fit without need for a BMC. OverlandDad on instagram ran 285/75R17 on 0 offset. Kenda 35x10.5R17 fits on 0 offset without need for any BMC or KDSS relo. May cut it close but it's been done.
Good to hear, I think part of it is actual tire size, part of it is how far forward you push the wheel/tire on alignment and part of it is how hard you plan to wheel the rig.

It’s safe to say with the 0 offset the 285/70/17 fits without BMC. You and a couple of mudders have done. By the way do you have any steering problems?

may need to check out OverlandDad to see how he did it.

It’s safe to say with the 0 offset the 285/70/17 fits without BMC. You and a couple of mudders have done. By the way do you have any steering problems?

may need to check out OverlandDad to see how he did it.
Looking at my rig I can def see how a 285/70 R17 can work with zero offset and no BMC, but damn a 35x10.50 R17 with no BMC, that blows my mind, maybe this front tire can be pushed further forward than I thought, but then ya risk CV's a bit more right? I love to see people pushing the zero offset game with these big 200's, I believe this is a great offset for these rigs! Keep the pics flowing of zero offset in this thread! Here's my 100 with zero offset and 35's, works perfectly!!!

i-Cwx8tvG-X2.jpg

i-XFZfQmf-X3.jpg

i-GwKmtbx-X3.jpg

Why is BMC such frowned upon here? Coming from 2 Gx that had to do a bmc for both to run -10 offset I didn’t see anything wrong that would affect structural or engineering integrity if the vehicle. I would rather do a bmc than KDSS relocation kit. Is there a +25 offset wheel with 35s setup where I can avoid KDSS relocation but do bmc on an 18” wheel?

Why is BMC such frowned upon here? Coming from 2 Gx that had to do a bmc for both to run -10 offset I didn’t see anything wrong that would affect structural or engineering integrity if the vehicle. I would rather do a bmc than KDSS relocation kit. Is there a +25 offset wheel with 35s setup where I can avoid KDSS relocation but do bmc on an 18” wheel?
not sure why the BMC is so frowned upon on the 200 group, all my buddies with fj's and 4Runner's did it, s*** they had a party and had half a dozen rigs and we just started cutting, no biggie. I ran 20mm offset with 34's and was just kissing the KDSS bar, I think ya need the zero offset to pull away from it for the 35's, just my 2 cents.

Looking at my rig I can def see how a 285/70 R17 can work with zero offset and no BMC, but damn a 35x10.50 R17 with no BMC, that blows my mind, maybe this front tire can be pushed further forward than I thought, but then ya risk CV's a bit more right? I love to see people pushing the zero offset game with these big 200's, I believe this is a great offset for these rigs! Keep the pics flowing of zero offset in this thread! Here's my 100 with zero offset and 35's, works perfectly!!!

View attachment 2653637

View attachment 2653639

View attachment 2653642
That rig is a beast!!

Definitely good to explore the 0 offset game. There are many nice rims at the offset and the stance looks mean with it.

I think it’s more of what are the limits and what’s next if one doesn’t work.

also how far one would go to achieve it.

Agreed. It's interesting how hard we seem to avoid BMCs on these boards and do just about everything else including risking CV angles. BMCs are used ally day long on every other Toyota platform and there's lots of shops that do it.

Don't even need a new plate. Just cut a pie shaped strip out behind the face, bend it back, and stitch her up. A 2 hr job.

1619192634977.png

1619192762262.png

1619192974395.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom