What did you do on your 70 series today? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did this around a year ago and found that the ff rubber tube was NOLA. I bought a long piece of fuel appropriate hose on Amazon of the right diameter and strategically cut it to echo the OEM bends. It has worked fine since!

If you do drop the tank to do the pickup (that's where mine was getting air from) a pair of ratchet straps is helpful to get it back in place since all your buddies will be "busy" the day you go to put it back. 😉
It is just mine (75 troopy) or they are all the same, really tight to get it off (body on frame)? Can’t imagine re-installing it without scratching all the new coating on the frame lol. (Main fuel tank)
Thanks

It is just mine (75 troopy) or they are all the same, really tight to get it off (body on frame)? Can’t imagine re-installing it without scratching all the new coating on the frame lol. (Main fuel tank)
Thanks
I asked the same thing when I was trying to get mine to come down. Mine had a rubberized sheet thingy where it made contact. But yeah... It didn't wanna leave it's home.

I only saw the trans plate for 99+ on their website.
Contact them through their website as I can confirm they have a product where all the bolt holes to chassis fit pre 99 on my MWB 85 but as Joe suspects it’s the H55 rear trans drain plug access point in the plate that I needed to move about a 3/4 inchometer (20mm), was easy to do though and they are great , thick Stainless steel plates.

got my Rubicon camping setup dialed in

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0508.jpeg

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

Replaced a whole laundry list of small parts from three big Partsouq orders:

- New wiper arms. PS arm was slipping on the post and the nut was trashed.
- All three mirrors. No more vibration in the mirror while driving!
- Gauge cluster glass. The old one had some super old fluid spray spots on it.
- Window crank handles. They were missing the spinny knob part, annoying to use. Easiest way to get the old handles off was just to use a hook dental pick and pull the C clip while pressing in on the door panel to see it.
- Gas cap. The original was absolute trash, didn't seal at all.
- Missing bumper cap.
- Missing windshield chrome moulding.
- Windshield hinge covers. They had seen a lot of sun!
- One visor. Still need the PS visor. They were both useless.
- And the interior lamp. The switch was all buggered, didn't really work.

Then I replaced the spark plugs + wires + dist cap/rotor.

Definitely got some bonus oil on the old plugs (L to R in order cylinder 1-6). Goes along with my white smoke I get while warming up. Not exactly sure what the cause is yet.

Next up is the front main seal, oil pump seal, belts, and new radiator.

PXL_20240410_204429969.PORTRAIT.jpg

Finally coating the inside of the rockers I repaired with some POR15. Need to put on a second coat still.
IMG_20240411_195853308.jpg

These little cans are a bit more $/ounce, but my quart can that I had and was half full, was rock-hard and no bueno. One 4-ounce can did the first coat.
IMG_20240411_195841810.jpg

You know there's enough in there when it drips out the drain holes...
IMG_20240411_200308851.jpg

Will a 2nd layer of POR15 stick without sanding?

Just wrapped up the captains chair middle row mod. I started by moving the bench seat to the rear. Details on that found here:

HZJ77 - adding a 3rd row

The rear bench still folds forward, so there is still plenty of storage back there.

1712958266138.png

I then bought @FJ73Texas old front row seats from when he swapped over to Scheelman's seats. Thank you again @FJ73Texas. Miss you dude. The seats were a bit tricky to get installed. I ended up using super thick delrin stand-offs with a 14mm threaded rod inside to mount them. Massive fender washers on each side upper and lower. Very happy with the install.

IMG_3141.JPG

Just wrapped up the captains chair middle row mod. I started by moving the bench seat to the rear. Details on that found here:

HZJ77 - adding a 3rd row

The rear bench still folds forward, so there is still plenty of storage back there.

View attachment 3605420

I then bought @FJ73Texas old front row seats from when he swapped over to Scheelman's seats. Thank you again @FJ73Texas. Miss you dude. The seats were a bit tricky to get installed. I ended up using super thick delrin stand-offs with a 14mm threaded rod inside to mount them. Massive fender washers on each side upper and lower. Very happy with the install.

View attachment 3605421
That’s kinda cool. 👍

Last edited:
I looked down at a stoplight to see the odometer on a nice round number.

Beautiful day for driving the soft top in Texas.
IMG_4540.jpeg
IMG_4541.jpeg

@Gun Runner 5 it's a 1995 Subaru Sambar. The only 4 cylinder kei truck variant I believe....5 speed, push button T case, crawler low gear, and A/C. It's the perfect little ranch truck. I just taught my 10 year old daughter how to drive it this weekend....

@Gun Runner 5 it's a 1995 Subaru Sambar. The only 4 cylinder kei truck variant I believe....5 speed, push button T case, crawler low gear, and A/C. It's the perfect little ranch truck. I just taught my 10 year old daughter how to drive it this weekend....
I’ve got a ‘92 Honda. I only wish I had a/c. 😊

My front main seal was leaking something fierce so I replaced it. Removing the crank bolt was more difficult than on a previous engine I did. The starter trick couldn't crack the bolt, it was just bending the breaker bar against the frame. Then I had two 1/2" breaker bars going the traditional way and I broke one of the breaker bars. So I had to make a long trip to NAPA for two 3/4s breaker bars (pictured). Then with the floor jack handle as a cheater bar I finally got it without damaging anything.

Did a new radiator + thermostat + fan clutch + belts + oil pump seal at the same time, as my cooling performance was not very good on the long steep canyon roads I live on. The radiator is a generic alu one from GPI Racing. The mounting tabs were really rather crudely made I would say, poor threads tapped, not round holes drilled, one of the tabs was welded on kind of crooked. But the cooling seems to be quite good now anyway. Hopefully it lasts.

PXL_20240413_190449636.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom