What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally have all the parts (and gallons of coolant) to do this radiator job this coming weekend. Any words of wisdom?
Get lots of 1/4" extensions to get to the block drain. And you should only need to drain the drivers side. When I did mine, so little came out of the passenger side it wasn't worth the effort it took to find and reach it.

Today, I finally put those slee steps on. The little swivel socket they recommend in the instructions was so great to reach the upper bolts…until it exploded and I had to repair it with a tension Lin from the hardware store. After the repair, I put down the impact drive and just eased everything on with a ratchet.

IMG_8905.jpeg
IMG_8904.jpeg

Boring Retroactive post for maintenance record keeping..
3/2/2024 changed oil
ODO 233,740
Mobile 1 fully synthetic extended performance
5w30
OEM Toyota/lexus filter
Once again that goodness for my bjowette and ezdrain

Finally my 60 was put to good use to keep the furry from getting in the way… oh u didn’t pick your dog to match your fleet? Oh wait I don’t but it’s great unintended coincidence good for pictures

That dang tpms sensor light haunts me .. especially when in a public shaming environment

IMG_4802.jpeg
IMG_4803.jpeg
IMG_4972.jpeg

Boring Retroactive post for maintenance record keeping..
3/2/2024 changed oil
ODO 233,740
Mobile 1 fully synthetic extended performance
5w30
OEM Toyota/lexus filter
Once again that goodness for my bjowette and ezdrain

Finally my 60 was put to good use to keep the furry from getting in the way… oh u didn’t pick your dog to match your fleet? Oh wait I don’t but it’s great unintended coincidence good for pictures

That dang tpms sensor light haunts me .. especially when in a public shaming environment

View attachment 3595482View attachment 3595483View attachment 3595484
Sheepadoodle? Mine matched my old 4runner but not the 200. Maybe I'll have to convince the wife we need a matching 40 or 60 now since the 4runner is gone.
20211010_090523.jpg

I finally have all the parts (and gallons of coolant) to do this radiator job this coming weekend. Any words of wisdom?
Yeah, go slow and it'll go smoothly. Get a piece of cardboard and place the bolts in it that you remove according to their placement on the block. It'll make reinstallation MUCH easier and quicker. Post if you run into trouble. It's a fun weekend project. Be slow and careful when putting the fan shroud back on as to not damage the radiator fins.

Basic MX on the vehicle. Dropped it off for a 4WD service at a local place. Diff and transfer case fluid change. I'm sitting at 56,000 miles. I rotated the tires and got to play with my new cordless impact which is amazing and I highly recommend. Finally, I greased my drive shafts and my upper control arms.

Going to have to send in my shocks for rebuild, knock out the front brakes, and relocate the rear shock resevoirs :rolleyes:

20240330_154141.jpg

20240330_152941.jpg

20240330_160508.jpg

Hello everybody ;)

It hasn’t been a week, exactly but I’ve just collected my car from the wrapper last night and put on the new tyres today.

- satin wrap, dual colour
- alloys renovated and powder coated in satin black
- rear “LC” decor, rear logo and hubcaps painted satin black
- new tyres: Radar Renegade 285/65R18 RTs

What do you think? I’ve already have a little bullbar ordered, I’ll have a led bar on it. As we are in the EU everything added to your car must have a proper paper, otherwise you get fined… Heavily 🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 3594302

View attachment 3594303

View attachment 3594305

View attachment 3594306

View attachment 3594307

Wow, looks great Adam! It’s a cool look; definitely one of a kind! How rare are 200’s in Poland?

Old girl is getting a butt lift.

I'm starting to think that a mild body lift should be an integral part of just about any build. Something to be done earlier in the build. Much earlier, probably even ahead of sliders. Suspension lifts are great, but should be done in moderation to keep the suspension geometry in it's sweet spot (1.5-2"). With the rest of the lift being achieved by tires (1-3") and a mild body lift (.75-1.5").

1712074671682.png

I'm starting to think that a mild body lift should be an integral part of just about any build. Something to be done earlier in the build. Much earlier, probably even ahead of sliders. Suspension lifts are great, but should be done in moderation to keep the suspension geometry in it's sweet spot (1.5-2"). With the rest of the lift being achieved by tires (1-3") and a mild body lift (.75-1.5").

View attachment 3597145
Sweet! I have a ‘15 LX. Do you have info on where to get quality parts to do this?

View attachment 3597145
Go Tritons! That's my alma mater. I have a lot of great memories from there!

She's too dirty for a glamour shot so this will do. Butt and facelift complete. Really liking how the body lift is almost undetectable without unforseen gaps and fitments, but notably taller with more approach and departure at the bumpers. More importantly, practically zero change in drivability and handling! Fender measurements from the ground are 40" F and 42" R. Win win and I should have done this so much earlier. More to come in a dedicated thread later.
For those interested, @MTKID is going to have some ready made kits that will make this much easier.

1712165035169.png

She's too dirty for a glamour shot so this will do. Butt and facelift complete. Really liking how the body lift is almost undetectable without unforseen gaps and fitments, but notably taller with more approach and departure at the bumpers. More importantly, practically zero change in drivability and handling! Fender measurements from the ground are 40" F and 42" R. Win win and I should have done this so much earlier. More to come in a dedicated thread later.
For those interested, @MTKID is going to have some ready made kits that will make this much easier.

View attachment 3597831
Congratulations, looks great! Also, glad to hear such great feedback on the BL.

Do you believe the BL would impact the installation of a hidden winch mount? I want to install the winch, but concerned if I do, the cutout in the bumper will not be correct once the BL goes on.

Congratulations, looks great! Also, glad to hear such great feedback on the BL.

Do you believe the BL would impact the installation of a hidden winch mount? I want to install the winch, but concerned if I do, the cutout in the bumper will not be correct once the BL goes on.

Thanks!

Yes, it will effect the alignment of the bumper to the fairlead. Definitely want to do the BL first. Same reason to do it ahead of bumper armor and potentially even sliders.

Thanks!

Yes, it will affect the alignment of the bumper to the fairlead. Definitely want to do the BL first. Same reason to do it ahead of bumper armor and potentially even sliders.
I figured as much. Too late for the sliders lol. Appreciate the feedback!

@turbo8 really helped me out with understanding my build and necessary parts. Thank you again! I just ordered his rear shock spacer, the panhard bar relocation bracket, extended SS brake lines f/r, axle breather extension, Perry parts bump stops f/r, and the SPC adjustable UCA. Just waiting on the BL now!

I have really enjoyed the Klever R/Ts, so thinking about going Klever MT2 for the 37s.

View attachment 3597145

I never caught up. Does this not have impact to steering linkage?

I never caught up. Does this not have impact to steering linkage?

At a ~1" body lift (mine is .75"), there is no concern to the steering linkage. Others have lifted higher with minimal concern. There is a hive mind looking into this ATM and yes, at some threshold, it would need addressing the steering linkage

At a ~1" body lift (mine is .75"), there is no concern to the steering linkage. Others have lifted higher with minimal concern. There is a hive mind looking into this ATM and yes, at some threshold, it would need addressing the steering linkage

Doable in my garage? I may be interested. Can’t wait for parts update. Link to most relevant thread please to sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom