Is the 250 the best size Landcruiser platform since the 40 series ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You’re wrong. OverTrail comes with 18s as described day 1.
I went through the Lexus online build configurator and it mandated the 22”s. 18”s weren’t even and option.

Maybe a launch edition spec ?
IMG_7315.png

Last edited:
I just tried the build configurator again for the Overtrail. Got a mandatory 22”. May be a regional thing?

They don't do regional configuration differences between offered trims. The regional differences really only affect what sort of allocation the dealers get, and I'll bet you all dealers are getting some allocation of Overtrail.

I just tried 89101, 95054, and 99603 zip codes for Seattle, Scottsdale, and Homer as indicated in your location and still managed to build out an Overtrail with 18inch wheels and most other options.

They don't do regional configuration differences between offered trims. The regional differences really only affect what sort of allocation the dealers get, and I'll bet you all dealers are getting some allocation of Overtrail.

I just tried 89101, 95054, and 99603 zip codes for Seattle, Scottsdale, and Homer as indicated in your location and still managed to build out an Overtrail with 18inch wheels and most other options.
Weird. I’ll try clearing my browser cache.

Oh for goodness sakes.

THE LENGTH AND WIDTH ARE BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE 200!

How you FEEL about the size isn’t going to make it fit down a narrow trail.

Coming back to this...because....it's always worth it.

Can someone explain why these statements are true in light of the actual vehicle dimensions? Was he just fed a bad talking point?

"Dimension-wise, this is the closest we've seen to an 80 series. [...] This vehicle is very close in size to that."

Referring to the 250 in comparison to older models: "they made it smaller overall to better fit on trails".

1709681588112.png

Data Sources:

Coming back to this...because....it's always worth it.

Can someone explain why these statements are true in light of the actual vehicle dimensions? Was he just fed a bad talking point?

"Dimension-wise, this is the closest we've seen to an 80 series. [...] This vehicle is very close in size to that."

Referring to the 250 in comparison to older models: "they made it smaller overall to better fit on trails".

View attachment 3574796

Data Sources:

Interesting. So basically it remains too big.
An 80 is plenty large, arguably a bit too much IMO. Without a long inline 6 engine you’d think the overall length wouldn’t need to be as much for a comfortable cabin size.
Clearly the days of a narrower body style such as seen in the first and second gen 4 Runners is over.

Interesting. So basically it remains too big.
An 80 is plenty large, arguably a bit too much IMO. Without a long inline 6 engine you’d think the overall length wouldn’t need to be as much for a comfortable cabin size.
Clearly the days of a narrower body style such as seen in the first and second gen 4 Runners is over.
Crumple zones and such make it hard to go back to something the size of a 60 or 80.

That's due, in part, to side-impact protection. No cars these days have that little room between the exterior door skin and the driver's outside shoulder.

I'm not saying that it can't or shouldn't be narrower than it is -- it should be. But no way it could be as narrow as the first and second gen 4Runners.

The body on frame “mini Land Cruiser” or possibly FJ is still rumored to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom