This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know it really matters but I'm just responding to the one comment of the idea of going with the Luxury+ package on the GX that has the set FRONT sway bar and dodging the cost and complexity of the E-KDSS is a better idea if taking the suspension and tires to the next level and possibly converting to the REAR mount, front suspension 250 Sway with the in cab electronic disconnect down the road.

I saw another member had good close up pictures of the 250 and it looks like the lower front arms will be a completely different part and not just bolt on mount options. With that said, it IMO just seems to make that much more sense to OPT for the OT+ and get the additional offroad package with the GX. Maybe like a few other comments here, IF you want to go a bit more extreme and do the long arm conversion, this may be the better option or more likely, most just opting for the base model 250. If just going mild lift and potentially 35's, stick with the OT+ and get more bang for your $$ if that's what your after.

It is looking more like Toyota is separating the models more than they have in the past(GX vs. 250), going further than just the badging and motor/ trans options.

Hopefully there will be good feedback on here from folks that have experienced both the KDSS and EKDSS when these start rolling out.

GX
1710437525595.png

1710437691138.png

I don't know it really matters but I'm just responding to the one comment of the idea of going with the Luxury+ package on the GX that has the set FRONT sway bar and dodging the cost and complexity of the E-KDSS is a better idea if taking the suspension and tires to the next level and possibly converting to the REAR mount, front suspension 250 Sway with the in cab electronic disconnect down the road.

I saw another member had good close up pictures of the 250 and it looks like the lower front arms will be a completely different part and not just bolt on mount options. With that said, it IMO just seems to make that much more sense to OPT for the OT+ and get the additional offroad package with the GX. Maybe like a few other comments here, IF you want to go a bit more extreme and do the long arm conversion, this may be the better option or more likely, most just opting for the base model 250. If just going mild lift and potentially 35's, stick with the OT+ and get more bang for your $$ if that's what your after.

It is looking more like Toyota is separating the models more than they have in the past(GX vs. 250), going further than just the badging and motor/ trans options.

Hopefully there will be good feedback on here from folks that have experienced both the KDSS and EKDSS when these start rolling out.

GX
View attachment 3581752

View attachment 3581754
Something interesting to note here - I didn't recognize it until I saw this again. They appear to use the same LCA and have the sway bar mounts welded on the side and location as needed. You can see on the LC250 front corner of the forward LCA arm has the stamped recess to make room for the front sway bar. On the GX version it's obvious why it's there. On the LC250 it stood out when I first saw it and I didn't understand why. But now it's clear. It's the front sway bar base LCA, but they use the rear sway bar and it's just a carry over part.

1710444717807.png

It's not the same LCA as the Tacoma. Taco LCA has no provision for a front mounted LCA.

1710444609466.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom