Rear Camera relocation kits? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the example - Good to know on the waterproofing as well.

My little side business is mainly for the "Classic" Defender market, Engine ECU chips, and I have a line of Automatic Conversion (and LS swap) kits coming out once they are finished. The New Defender is a possible as well but I just haven't been that interested in it...
I am expanding into The 200 series as well with a Behind rear seat wiring cabinet. that I am waiting on the prototype parts to be bent. That will house ~200ah of lithium, inverter, DC-DC charger, fuses, circuit breakers, 12v plugs, switches, etc.. all in one place to make 12v systems pretty easy and neat.
Been with both Marques for a long time (having owned FJ40 through now the 200) since the early 90's.. My first LC80 build (in 1995 on my 93') was with help of Man-A-Fre using ARB and Kaymar parts)
Awesome. Similarly afflicted. I've owned cruisers since I bought my first one (fj40) at 16 back in '91. Honestly I would love an older D90 or D130 too, they are just cool rigs. But, I have more cruisers than I really need already 😂

Seems to be Ok in this position under the propane Tank mount.... Of course the parking grid is a bit off...
I'll be running it in side the swing arm once I'm truly happy with the placement - it is much more exposed to rain as I saw today.. so the lens gets wet easier

IMG_3025.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

You can adjust the parking lines. I don’t recall the secret handshake in the nav system to enter the menu, but there is one.

@linuxgod oh really..... hmmm I know there is a config/maintenance/whatever mode

lets see if this works (from another thread()

1) Turn the ignition off.
2) Without putting foot on brake turn Ignition Mode on. [Press Start/Stop button twice (2x). First time is Accessory Mode, second time is Ignition Mode.]
3) Wait until the 'Caution" screen clears and you see your normal display.
4) Hold down the 'Setup' button on the head unit and turn your parking lights on and off three (3) times quickly.
The head unit will now go into full setup mode. You can now start the car and it will stay in this mode.

Winner…
Couple of things… hold down (long press) the view adjustment button in the camera menu..

I adjusted the lines down a fair bit..
I’ll bend the bracket a bit more when it’s in final placement

View attachment 3575896

View attachment 3575897

View attachment 3575898
Nice. The only weirdness I’ve noticed on my 2013 is that when turning while backing up the lines are off. I think that’s a function of how the camera was actually calibrated for being offset though. Still it’s better than leaving it factory once you’ve moved the camera.

Pro tip, when moving the lines I suggest making the red line equal to where the spare or jerry cans hang off the truck, as your rear most point is no longer the bumper itself.

I had to do some sort of similar remapping with an Odyssey side view camera that I had to swap out a few years ago. Take your time assuming you're like me and trust what approximate distances the yellow/red/etc lines indicate.

I'm going to see if I can get some more out of it with a known distance today..
I put a 2x4 up against the tire and one against the basket and aligned the red line to where it hit the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom