Rear Camera relocation kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any out there I need to move the camera to the bumper, because it totally blocked it now...
a search just turned up splicing wires and such but I would rather not cut the wires, since I currently have avoided all modifications of any Toyota OEM wires.

Thanks

IMG_2913.jpeg

Genius... thank you...

Missed that
The thing about the ARB kit is that you still have to de-pin the OEM and re-pin the harness to the ARB connector so it isn’t really plug and play.

I used one on my front relo and spliced for the rear. I need to do it again on my new 200 and plan on just building a “ARB harness” from separate connectors and wire. A little extra work but a lot cheaper.

Humm, de-pinning is ok, well if I I Need to do that I might as well cut the connector and splice it.
I guess I’ll take it apart and and see what I can work with..
is the stock camera weatherproof or do I just need to get one that is?

I was hoping not to have to fab stuff for this, but oh well. Just doubles the hours it will take to do it right.

Humm, de-pinning is ok, well if I I Need to do that I might as well cut the connector and splice it.
I guess I’ll take it apart and and see what I can work with..
is the stock camera weatherproof or do I just need to get one that is?

I was hoping not to have to fab stuff for this, but oh well. Just doubles the hours it will take to do it right.
What you want is a male connector that matches the camera. Then you could truly make a plug and play extension harness. I don’t think it exists. I sure can’t find one. If it did exist, ARB would surely use it. If anyone has such a thing please post a link.

Last edited:
looking into the Kaymar kit - which seems according to the fit sheet, to come with both sides of the plugs and be for the LHS jerry can swing arm side which is what I need in addition to the cover plate and a mount for the camera Under the jerry cans is fine.... the factory camera seems waterproof as well.
I reached out to them.

I'll see what they say...

Long range America no longer lists anything on the site, but maybe they are still importers.

What you want is a male connector that matches the camera. Then you could truly make a plug and play extension harness. I don’t think it exists. I sure can’t find one. If it did exist, ARB would surely use it. If anyone has such a thing please post a link.
Yeah, and after spending dozens of hours searching for one and buying a half dozen connectors I thought might work I came to the conclusion that such a thing does not exist. Maybe Kaymar has created one as part of their kit, but that 4-pin housing that’s built into the camera isn’t an even remotely standard part

What I did to make it mostly reversible was to cut and splice using 2 pairs of DT connectors. I used shielded cat5 for my extension. That way you can always shorten the wire again by simply disconnecting the ends and removing the length of wire.

looking into the Kaymar kit - which seems according to the fit sheet, to come with both sides of the plugs and be for the LHS jerry can swing arm side which is what I need in addition to the cover plate and a mount for the camera Under the jerry cans is fine.... the factory camera seems waterproof as well.
I reached out to them.

I'll see what they say...

Long range America no longer lists anything on the site, but maybe they are still importers.
I bought a Kaymar kit a couple of months ago from Long Range America. It is supposedly plug and play. I have haven't had a chance to install it yet, but happened to be chatting with Brian as Slee and mentioned I had one. He said it likely will only fit pre 2016 which is a bummer since mine is a '21. I need to take a closer look. I should have verified that before buying it, but had heard Kaymar discontinued the kit and LRA only had the one left so I grabbed it.

@DesmoPilot did your picture quality diminish with the ARB kit? Brian at Slee mentioned they tried several camera relocate options but all of them resulted in terrible picture quality - he didn't mention the ARB kit specifically though so I'd be curious.

I bought a Kaymar kit a couple of months ago from Long Range America. It is supposedly plug and play. I have haven't had a chance to install it yet, but happened to be chatting with Brian as Slee and mentioned I had one. He said it likely will only fit pre 2016 which is a bummer since mine is a '21. I need to take a closer look. I should have verified that before buying it, but had heard Kaymar discontinued the kit and LRA only had the one left so I grabbed it.

@DesmoPilot did your picture quality diminish with the ARB kit? Brian at Slee mentioned they tried several camera relocate options but all of them resulted in terrible picture quality - he didn't mention the ARB kit specifically though so I'd be curious.
I am using the Kaymar kit on my '21. It was plug and play. I located the factory camera on the driver side jerry can swingout. I held the camera in position and then drilled the swingout to install two nutserts.

The factory camera must be weatherproof, as I have submerged mine with no issues.

Chuck rear1.jpg

Chuck rear2.jpg

I am using the Kaymar kit on my '21. It was plug and play. I located the factory camera on the driver side jerry can swingout. I held the camera in position and then drilled the swingout to install two nutserts.

The factory camera must be weatherproof, as I have submerged mine with no issues.

View attachment 3546030

View attachment 3546031
perfect, well that answers my question on whether it will work on a '21. Thanks! I figured it would have to be weatherproof - image quality the same after the move?

you seem to be doing the same mods I have been doing - you just get to them first. 😂 I need to quit messing around with my vintage cruisers and focus on my 200 build til it's done.

thank you for confirmation - I'll try and call LRA to see if they can order one or maybe my mail to Kaymar AUS will will result in them selling one to me and shipping it.
Maybe I'm wrong and I didn't get the last kit LRA america had. I contacted Kaymar first and this is what they told me:

Thank you for your enquiry.
You can definitely contact Long Range America as I think they have one in stock. If they cannot help you then we can arrange a quote to send one to you.
Does the US spec LC200 have the 360 degree camera or just a normal camera?
Our looms are all plug and play.

So sounds like worse case you can get it shipped from Aus. Good Luck, I hope you get one!

perfect, well that answers my question on whether it will work on a '21. Thanks! I figured it would have to be weatherproof - image quality the same after the move?

you seem to be doing the same mods I have been doing - you just get to them first. 😂 I need to quit messing around with my vintage cruisers and focus on my 200 build til it's done.
I didn't notice any difference in image quality.

You definitely need to finish it up! I built my rig all at once as I was on timeline to take it on multi-month trip. Only thing I do to it now is small enhancements and maintenance. Currently swapping comms setup from GMRS to HAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom