American Toyota discontinued the IH8MUD discount but giving everyone a different discount ! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ordered $800 worth of stuff from McGeorge Toyota. With tax and even $100 shipping charge it was still a much better price than local. I priced it from American's website and it was significantly more, regardless of pick up or shipping option. I stopped at Sandia to see if being in person, with part numbers and printed from the internet quote would get me better pricing but he just printed off the list price for the items and told me if I was military, educator or first responder I could get a discount.
1693875841455.png

I found the same thing, priced wiper inserts and filters. American wasn't even close to Camelback including shipping.

Haven’t been on here in a while, came to ask about the handling fee for pickup and realized the last two pages are complaining about the same.

For the $2 I’m gonna save, go ahead and ship it to me. I’ll save the gas driving from Rio to Alameda.

Short notice, but Toyota of Decatur has a "25% off" with free shipping over $75 that ends on Friday it appears. When compared to other online dealers they were cheaper and the 25% was auto applied.

Anyone else hate the new autoparts.toyota.com website? I tried ordering from Claremont and they canceled the order because the new site doesn't charge sales tax for out of state orders, and they can't add it, so they can't take my order :bang:

I've not had any problem ordering from Claremont. They always charge me state sales tax. The only issue I have is their EPC doesn't have anything older than 1991 so I can't look up my old junk.

Even with the extra $5 to pick up the orders, AmToy has been very competitive.

Anyone else hate the new autoparts.toyota.com website? I tried ordering from Claremont and they canceled the order because the new site doesn't charge sales tax for out of state orders, and they can't add it, so they can't take my order :bang:

Autoparts.toyota.com and https://www.claremonttoyota.com/parts-center, are they the same outfit? I've never had any issues with Claremont orders either.

I am still not seeing the in-store pickup option on AM Toy's site from the link on 1st post.
Is it still there? I can only choose Standard or Expedited shipping, with no pickup option.

Seems like currently, they are the cheaper option for my order if I can get $15 shipping off... wondering if I have to have an ABQ area zip for local pickup? Anyone else experienced NOT seeing the pickup option?

I will call in the morning if I can't figure it out but it would be good to know if they have everything in stock.

Also, some sites like Claremont do not have our 1987 60 series Landcruiser parts... heads up

Thanks for your help and hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely day!
Happy Trails!

I am still not seeing the in-store pickup option on AM Toy's site from the link on 1st post.
Is it still there? I can only choose Standard or Expedited shipping, with no pickup option.

Seems like currently, they are the cheaper option for my order if I can get $15 shipping off... wondering if I have to have an ABQ area zip for local pickup? Anyone else experienced NOT seeing the pickup option?

I will call in the morning if I can't figure it out but it would be good to know if they have everything in stock.

Also, some sites like Claremont do not have our 1987 60 series Landcruiser parts... heads up

Thanks for your help and hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely day!
Happy Trails!

Gabe, the local pickup is there. It's at the page where you enter your payment.

amtoy.jpg

You can order parts for our old junk from Claremont Toyota, and the other FreeShip dealers. You just can't look up anything older than 1991. Search on the part numbers, and it will let you order it.

Last edited:
Gabe, the local pickup is there. It's at the page where you enter your payment.

View attachment 3462303

You can order parts for our old junk from Claremont Toyota, and the other FreeShip dealers. You just can't look up anything older than 1991. Search on the part numbers, and it will let you order it.
Local pickup is only an option if you use an address within a certain distance of the dealer. My address in Los Alamos does not bring up the pickup option but if I put in an Albuquerque address it will

FWIW.... Recently went to Sandia for some urgent needs. Got very inconsistent pricing at the counter, from straight list to pretty deep discount.
So the counter person has some control over what's invoiced.
If they're working commission, I see why I got list and appreciate when I got the discount.
It was not the same counter person.

I would stick with talking to Don. Problem is, I haven't seen him there lately, and I know he doesn't work Monday.

I would stick with talking to Don. Problem is, I haven't seen him there lately, and I know he doesn't work Monday.
I had a strange experience with Don today. I've been out of the game for a while and just picked up a 2014 LX570. I went in to get filters expecting the days of yore and wow was I wrong. Don was working with someone and another person came out and asked me what I needed. I said just need air and oil filters for my LX570. He became very rude and said we can't look up those parts. I said then an air cleaner and oil filter for the same year Land Cruiser. Still wouldn't help. Said I needed the part numbers or he wouldn't help me. I told just to give me a gallon of Toyota Red for my 40 and I guess my outside voice came out and voiced how rude he was. Not to throw anyone named Don under the bus, but he was definitely in agreement and when the guy went in the back, he asked what I needed. I told him just to replace filters on this truck because they weren't Toyota. The person "helping" came back out and that was the end of the conversation. I watched Don for 10 minutes helping the person before me that is absolutely what I expected...even unnecessarily apologized for the wait. Used to be always worth the wait. Something very odd. I'm ok with not wanting to look up Lexus parts, but this guy was an absolute Jerk. No customer service at all. I have several hundred dollars or more worth of parts to order now and thousands over the next few years for this truck and they won't be from Am Toy. I consulted a local loyal friend as I knew at this point the world has changed. He pointed me to this thread. A lot to process. The amazing @cruiserdan is legend and I didn't know how good I had it. He lives down the road and I occasionally see him and wave vigorously... I think next time, I need to stop him and give him a big hug for all he did for me and I expect, many of us in the community. Trying not to regret getting back into the land cruiser fray. Thanks for letting me rant.

The culture has evolved. The Miller Family sold the automotive operation to a company out of Georgia a couple years ago and it is definitely NOT the same thing.

The culture has evolved. The Miller Family sold the automotive operation to a company out of Georgia a couple years ago and it is definitely NOT the same thing.
Dan, thanks for the many years of amazing service that you and your team provided to the local and online community. We absolutely miss your presence at American.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is very kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom