American Toyota discontinued the IH8MUD discount but giving everyone a different discount ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
So the parts manager told me last week that we lost our normal discount with the new ownership. However, this site was created two weeks ago in the hopes of people using it vs calling/emailing the parts employees. The thought is that less overhead will translate to some savings that can be realized for the users as well as the parts dept. The discount rate is the same or better than the Mud discount.

The manager would like us to use this link and try to break it! :) They're trying to catchup to the online parts vendors.

So the parts manager told me last week that we lost our normal discount with the new ownership.
Well hell. I have a running grocery list, so I guess I will try this. Though, I might do come price comparisons with others at the same time. I hope they have an option for local pick up.

After a quick look, I am not feeling the love. About a year ago, we got my wife a ‘21 Hybrid RAV4 when her Hybrid Highlander died. I just reviewed parts available through the website for the RAV, and I can get any parts that I want… as long as it’s mudguards. That’s it. I am guessing this site is still under development. At least I would hope so.

I did check oil and air filters for our Camry and and prices seem the same as with the Mud discount.

To Pappy’s point -can we still pick up parts at the dealer or do we have to pay shipping? That could eat up any discount pretty quickly. I didn’t follow through to the end of a transaction.

My dealer in my home town did this. At 1st it was 25% discount or better. Somethings were as much as 31% discount. But then after a bit they started changing the discount. You had to look at each piece cause sometimes it was as little as 7%. Went back to calling the parts guys and they still give the normal 25%.

I work all over the county and its fairly easy to get a bodyshop discount of 25% at most new car dealerships.

After a quick look, I am not feeling the love. About a year ago, we got my wife a ‘21 Hybrid RAV4 when her Hybrid Highlander died. I just reviewed parts available through the website for the RAV, and I can get any parts that I want… as long as it’s mudguards.
It's best to enter part numbers. This web design is used by several dealers online and I've always found it limiting for looking stuff up. The site I use is toyota.7zap.com, but it's frequently down ... like now. There are others.

As far as prices, I just did a quick test with a part number I need that was in my grocery list. It was a cheap part.

85220-YZZ16-TM. Toyota redesigned the rear wiper on my 4R and this is the new number.

List: $10.79
AmToy: $8.11 (-24.80%)
CamelBack: $7.79 (-27.80%)
ToyotaPartsDeal.com: $7.56 (-30%)
Claremont: $7.79 (-28%) freeshipping $75+
Culver City: $7.46 (-31%) freeshipping $75+
McGeorge: $8.24 (-23.6%)

I ran this one part through the order process at AmToy (minus the credit card), and there wasn't a local pickup option. They did have a $1.62 shipping charge, which took care of most of the discount. Plus, they charged sales tax on the shipping. I will try a larger order when 7Zap wakes up. It looks like the two freeship dealers will be our best bet for large orders.

I hate to say it, but if AmToy doesn't include a local pickup option, they have lost this very loyal customer.

Last edited:
It's best to enter part numbers. This web design is used by several dealers online and I've always found it limiting for looking stuff up. The site I use is toyota.7zap.com, but it's frequently down ... like now. There are others.

As far as prices, I just did a quick test with a part number I need that was in my grocery list. It was a cheap part.

85220-YZZ16-TM. Toyota redesigned the rear wiper on my 4R and this is the new number.

List: $10.79
AmToy: $8.11 (-24.80%)
CamelBack: $7.79 (-27.80%)
ToyotaPartsDeal.com: $7.56 (-30%)
Claremont: $7.79 (-28%) freeshipping $75+
Culver City: $7.46 (-31%) freeshipping $75+
McGeorge: $8.24 (-23.6%)

I ran this one part through the order process at AmToy (minus the credit card), and there wasn't a local pickup option. They did have a $1.62 shipping charge, which took care of most of the discount. Plus, they charged sales tax on the shipping. I will try a larger order when 7Zap wakes up. It looks like the two freeship dealers will be our best bet for large orders.

I hate to say it, but if AmToy doesn't include a local pickup option, they have lost this very loyal customer.
Pappy - thanks for your research here. I would have to agree with you about American potentially losing a long time customer. As an East Mountain resident, they certainly weren’t the most convenient option for me, but I would take the drive and stock up on parts from time to time.

I don’t know all the details, but as far as I do know, I think we can thank Mr. Busey (Cruiser Dan) for all his years of support to the off-road community. He probably had to convince his management that it made sense to offer a good discount, but make it up in volume selling to Cruiserheads all over the country. Thanks Dan!

I get better prices from Lexus anyway. You just have to know the proper way to make friends with the parts guy.

I get better prices from Lexus anyway. You just have to know the proper way to make friends with the parts guy.
I need to know this connection as well since I have Toys and a Lexus. I had been getting parts for my 2008 Avalon at AmToy when in reality is was a 2008 ES350.

Actually the discount for several of the dealers seems to depend on the part number. Hopefully at least one of these dealers is reliable and doesn't pack horribly. I'm thinking I'll try Madera Toyota first.

I looked through the closest 50 Toyota dealers on parts.toyota.com. Here are the ones with 30% or higher discount and free shipping on orders over $75:
I did the same thing and made quite the list. I just saved them because, like you, I noticed it all depends on the part what the discount is. I ran a "freeship" order through Claremont and Culver City and got two different answers. Both beat AmToy with our old discount. To add ...

Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Stevinson Toyota West in Lakewood, CO - https://parts.stevinsontoyotawest.com/ - Colorado.
Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Maita Toyota of Sacramento in Sacramento, CA - https://parts.maitatoyota.com/ - CA
Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Puente Hills Toyota in City Of Industry, CA - https://parts.puentehillstoyota.com/ - CA
Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Sunshine Toyota in Battle Creek, MI - https://parts.sunshinetoyota.com/ - MI
Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Village Toyota Parts in Homosassa, FL - https://parts.villagetoyota.com/ - FL

All offered some discount, but I really didn't test them.

We should give American Toyota feedback: if they allow local pickup then I'm happy to order online for some items, otherwise no way I'm paying for shipping when other dealers have free shipping and a better discount...

So I just ordered from Madera Toyota. I bought a bunch of stuff and they charged $200 in shipping, which is fine since it is covered by FREESHIP, but I didn't realize they charge sales tax on shipping, which killed a significant amount of the discount :bang:
I think I'll keep looking for a better deal. The FREESHIP coupon also doesn't seem to work for Lewis Toyota of KS.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.30.14 PM.png

I tried out the parts.americantoyota site this week. Ordered a few nuts/washers to finish the axle rebuild.

Pricing was good, shipping was ~$1.00. I did not see a way to do local pickup.

Ordered late in the evening on the 13, parts arrived today via USPS.

Not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom