American Toyota discontinued the IH8MUD discount but giving everyone a different discount ! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a matter of principle in a world where more and more junk fees are being tacked on for corporate profits that already make enough, usually buying back their own stocks while wages for the working employees stagnate. I made Cox Communications refund me for the full day our service was out last week when they said they'd have it fixed by 8am. Then it was 11am. Then 12:30. Then 4 O'clock. Then it was never fixed that day. My wife works remotely through telehealth and it affects her bottom line. Everyone has their own experience. The credit was less than $5. Despite our many differences and backgrounds, this is where people like @Mauser , @pappy and I see eye-to-eye.

Uh. I’m not arguing with you on the fees.

I’ve known Ash for almost 20 years. My post was making fun of his cheap ways.

Oh, I misunderstood then. There was previous talk and objection to the $5 handling fees when picking up parts yourself at the counter. My apologies, I was incorrect.

FWIW, I do the same thing as Ash 😁 Have you seen the cost of store-bought potato salad? Insanity.

Last edited:

I'm sure most of us caught the joke. @alia176 saves his own money and helps everyone else spend theirs.

The purpose of my post is to give everyone an idea of the exorbitant fees that some of these online Toyota dealerships are charging. In some cases an expensive vendor becomes the most competitive, in other cases it's the other way around. Who would have thought that a $80 purchase would have a $30 handling and shipping fee.

Oh and Onur tries to maintain an arsehole Mud presence by being cantankerous and not using emojis but some us know he 'can' be a super nice guy. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. 🖕🏽

Part arrived and waiting for pickup, easy peasy.

Oh and Onur tries to maintain an arsehole Mud presence by being cantankerous and not using emojis but some us know he 'can' be a super nice guy. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. 🖕🏽
He's a lot like his sensei that also can seem quite cantankerous and grumpy online or when you first meet him but can be a really nice guy (sometimes).

I don't know. Part of me wants to call out AmToy for this propaganda.

View attachment 3273121
Emphasis here is “up to” not the 35%. I had some odds and ends in a cart, and it made no difference. Discount varies by part, and it certainly wasn’t old 25% either. Oh well, seems like everyone wants a taste of that “inflation.”

Is it just me, or is the website down more than it is up and operating? I’m getting ready for the next big stoopid, and need studs and gaskets!

I don't think I would call them a "parts professional". They are more parts pickers , as in pick the parts off the shelf. Those morons will never know half the sh!t you forgot.
I was in the dealership parts business for 33 years. Mostly with Ford and a few years with Chrysler. I can say from experience that the industry has been in decline for quite awhile. Most dealers are now corporate owned and thus do not offer a living wage. Most dealers have one guy that knows whats going on and then hire kids or inexperienced guys for 10 or 15 bucks an hour to "train" and fill the gap. The same goes for the technicians. The labor rate in most dealerships is now close to 200 bucks an hour. Yet the techs flat rate pay has not kept up with the labor rate increases. Hence the industry is losing experienced techs and it's very hard to recruit young talent.

I was in the dealership parts business for 33 years. Mostly with Ford and a few years with Chrysler. I can say from experience that the industry has been in decline for quite awhile. Most dealers are now corporate owned and thus do not offer a living wage. Most dealers have one guy that knows whats going on and then hire kids or inexperienced guys for 10 or 15 bucks an hour to "train" and fill the gap. The same goes for the technicians. The labor rate in most dealerships is now close to 200 bucks an hour. Yet the techs flat rate pay has not kept up with the labor rate increases. Hence the industry is losing experienced techs and it's very hard to recruit young talent.

It may be in part because of low wages, but I believe too many people have got used to sitting at home on their asses and having someone else take care of them.

Hell, we start dishwashers out at $15 an hour at the restaurant and still can't find anyone to work, but see young able bodied bums begging for change everywhere.

Have you seen the movie Wall-E? Pretty soon the world will be full of fat, lazy lumps that can't do anything on their own.

The "able bodied bums" you are referring to are not the reason you cant find entry level workers. They werent working 3 years ago either.

I don't know. It seems like more, and more that the younger generation would rather beg for change than do any sort of labor.

Men used to have pride.

Men used to have pride.
BINGO! There was a time when you worked for a living, were a productive member of society, supported your family, and did not accept charity. Now all they want to do is "create," sit in bean bag chairs with their lattes, notebook computers, and claim they are working.

Now all they want to do is "create," sit in bean bag chairs with their lattes, notebook computers, and claim they are working.
Just like their parents.
I see great hope in the few yung'uns i encounter that are out there wheeling and holding down good blue collar jobs and having kids. They have good elders involved in their lives. Wish that wasn't so rare.

I hate to admit I had a good experience with online parts at AmToy. But, if you repeat this I will deny I said it. ;)

I needed the tire sensors. I went to my usual online places, and I was surprised that even with the $5 pick up fee AmToy was competitive. I think they might have been less than Claremont Toyota. Since I was getting parts for the Venza, and not my old junk, they had them in stock and I picked them up today.

Which takes me to part 2. Like all of you I HATE taking my vehicles in for service. I fully expected an up-sell, along with a long list of problems that needed immediate attention or my car would be smoking on the side of the road. I was sitting next to a woman who called somebody to tell them that AmToy wanted $2700 for additional work. Struts, tranny flush, tune-up, steering rack, and a few other things I don't remember. I about crapped my pants. For all I know her car was really that neglected, but still. :meh:

When I went to check out there was nothing on my invoice. Just the wheel alignment, though from the report they didn't put much effort into it. I was in and out lickety-split.

American Toyota sends me an email saying my parts order is ready Saturday at 3, go in today to get my parts and it’s missing two of the seals I need, they had to re order them and they won’t get them until Wednesday. Now I have to do job I had planned to do over the 4th of July holiday with parts store junk :)
03FBC5DB-CB16-4181-924A-D6218635ECFB.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not seeing a pickup option… we have been shopping for parts and I found this helpful thread but curious if anyone as an update on pickup option?

Had a bad experience with ToyotaPartsDeal.com, not Toyota, lesson learned.

I’m not seeing a pickup option… we have been shopping for parts and I found this helpful thread but curious if anyone as an update on pickup option?

Had a bad experience with ToyotaPartsDeal.com, not Toyota, lesson learned.
Simply go through the checkout process until the very end, that's when you will see a pickup option. It is very counterintuitive.

Simply go through the checkout process until the very end, that's when you will see a pickup option. It is very counterintuitive.
I’m not seeing it… 🤔
I was hoping for that simple…
IMG_3757.jpeg

See below

Screenshot_20230904_164214_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom