LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I wanted a work truck in a rough environment - a work truck I WONT DRIVE and someone else who ( hopefully someone who has insurance for future back issues ) then I would certainly pick nothing other than a 70x or Possibly a hilux - for many reasons - most reliable - parts availability/ and so on...
If I lived in a mountainous area with no roads - or in the middle of nowhere with no roads - same would apply.

If I wanted a truck that drives like its from the 1970s ( I would say even by 1980s standards the 70x wasn't modern to drive ) then yes I would pick a 70 series.

if I wanted a blank canvas rig to build and make my own - make it perfect and drive the way I want and travel the world in? 70 series without a doubt.

In terms of looks after the most recent face lift? I love how it looks.

If I wanted a solid front axle rig to daily or use as an off road competition rig - my choice would be a Nissan Patrol Y61 - without a shadow of a doubt - not even close. (Sadly that is being discontinued soon but because it's not the ''all mighty Land CruIsEr'' and Nissan already killed it in most countries - most people outside the Middle East wont' even care or notice)

If I wanted an all rounder that is probably as capable if not even more capable in some scenarios with the addition of excellent on road performance - a triple locked LC300.

Inconspicuous advertisement on the lift at Keystone on Tuesday.

IMG_0118.jpeg

some of the comments of critics of the 70 made by posters here (though I think very few of them actually have much real experience with 70s) do ring true.

I rented a Troopy in Australia and put 3500 KM on it. Probably 1500 of it off pavement in the Outback around Alice Springs. I thought the power was fine but ride quality was lacking. Not at all what the general USA public is used to for sure. In my 20’s I’d daily drive one. No worse than my 40 was back then. But at this point like I said earlier, I want one, but as a toy. I don’t even daily my 80 anymore. But that is more for preservation. It dives real nice.

sad to see the notorious value tix get on board with the rest price wise

also curious how well the GX will sell in CO, largely see 4Runner there

Back in the late aughts and early teens, I could get in a 4-day trip to various areas around Dillon for around $1K by splitting housing/rental car costs with my buddies. I kind of put skiing on the back burner after starting a family. Now my kids are learning to ski on our local hill here and pretty interested in it. Unfortunately, it looks like taking them to CO for a long weekend will be bonkers-expensive.

also curious how well the GX will sell in CO, largely see 4Runner there
GXs are about as commonplace as the 4rnr here.

Back in the late aughts and early teens, I could get in a 4-day trip to various areas around Dillon for around $1K by splitting housing/rental car costs with my buddies. I kind of put skiing on the back burner after starting a family. Now my kids are learning to ski on our local hill here and pretty interested in it. Unfortunately, it looks like taking them to CO for a long weekend will be bonkers-expensive.
Cheaper to head over to Europe

Vail resorts has successfully made the season pass a near mandatory purchase for anyone looking to ski. Buying a day pass nearly anywhere out west is stupid expensive.

You could look into smaller independent resorts like Ski Cooper, Monarch, or WolfCreek. But you still have to deal with expensive hotels and food. With children learning these resorts would offer a better overall experience anyway.

Vail resorts has successfully made the season pass a near mandatory purchase for anyone looking to ski. Buying a day pass nearly anywhere out west is stupid expensive.

You could look into smaller independent resorts like Ski Cooper, Monarch, or WolfCreek. But you still have to deal with expensive hotels and food. With children learning these resorts would offer a better overall experience anyway.
Wolf Creek will probably be on the list, it's just harder to get to relative to a 2 hour flight out west and short-ish drive to Summit County. Or good old Loveland, which still seems to be fairly inexpensive.

Our local ski hill is actually owned by Vail and has relatively inexpensive day passes. It's hard to justify the Epic though as we might get 1-2 decent ski weekends a year this far south. Maybe it would make sense on a year where we have a real winter here and head West.

Wolf Creek will probably be on the list, it's just harder to get to relative to a 2 hour flight out west and short-ish drive to Summit County. Or good old Loveland, which still seems to be fairly inexpensive.

Our local ski hill is actually owned by Vail and has relatively inexpensive day passes. It's hard to justify the Epic though as we might get 1-2 decent ski weekends a year this far south. Maybe it would make sense on a year where we have a real winter here and head West.
There are also epic multi day passes for sale before october that are <$100 per day

Did you film that down near Hanksville?

Edit: No longer a question after watching the entire video

Ticaboo proper. Fun area to rip around and they let me have my way with the LC250 :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom