What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (116 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New door lock relays!

IMG_5353.jpeg

Stripping out the interior to begin cleaning the nasty filth that was left behind by the previous owners with 4 kids and 2 Great Danes.
Pulling out the center console now. Finding objects that I can't see an opening large enough to fit thru, and the gooey mess.
They didn't just spill liquids, it looks as if they just haphazardly poured them into the console. A wonderful concoction of milk, coffee, and sodas. Fun!

Stripping out the interior to begin cleaning the nasty filth that was left behind by the previous owners with 4 kids and 2 Great Danes.
Pulling out the center console now. Finding objects that I can't see an opening large enough to fit thru, and the gooey mess.
They didn't just spill liquids, it looks as if they just haphazardly poured them into the console. A wonderful concoction of milk, coffee, and sodas. Fun!
Currently got mine stripped as well to clean and sound deaden, pretty filthy under the center console. Quite satisfying though to know everything will be almost new and quiet!

Installed all new front differential bushings and greased driveshafts (too little?)...The Infamous Clunk remains.
Got a 2005 w/ 310k miles. Bite the bullet and replace both the front cv shafts. Just had the same problem and tried the repairs, but resolved to the swap. Fairly easy, just time consuming for me. Didn’t have all the right tools and had to buy what was needed. Rig feels more solid and drives much better. Replacing the sway bar bushings and tie rod ends next, then a front end alignment.

There is a lot of great info here on the forum and several great videos on you tube that can help make it not so bad and many time saving tips. Carparts.com had a great deal on a pair of front cv shafts. Cruiserteq and a few others sites commonly mentioned on the forum may give you other/better options…

best of luck and a Happy Crusier Year to all!

Happy New Year
How do I remove a stuck cigarette lighter? It seems to be 'locked' in there. I was thinking of slipping a feeler gauge to unlock it from whatever is.
Suggestions? Anyone experience this?
1999.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy New Year
How do I remove a stuck cigarette lighter? It seems to be 'locked' in there. I was thinking of slipping a feeler gauge to unlock it from whatever is.
Suggestions? Anyone experience this?
Pull on it hard….and it’ll come easy.

This applies to everything in life.

Last edited:
Got a 2005 w/ 310k miles. Bite the bullet and replace both the front cv shafts. Just had the same problem and tried the repairs, but resolved to the swap. Fairly easy, just time consuming for me. Didn’t have all the right tools and had to buy what was needed. Rig feels more solid and drives much better. Replacing the sway bar bushings and tie rod ends next, then a front end alignment.

There is a lot of great info here on the forum and several great videos on you tube that can help make it not so bad and many time saving tips. Carparts.com had a great deal on a pair of front cv shafts. Cruiserteq and a few others sites commonly mentioned on the forum may give you other/better options…

best of luck and a Happy Crusier Year to all!
I replaced the CVs, shocks, UCAs, drive flanges, and all hardware last year.
The clunk disappears when the center differential is locked. Researching the clunk thread now.

Putting body weight on the upper hinges can’t possible be good for it…..???
It's secure . Never seen any issues with the weight put on these from any other vehicle.
It seems that most new 4Runners have one of these Gobi ladders on them as do Rovers.
In Japan they have similar ladders mounted the same way on SUVs.

Time will tell.

IMG_9807.jpeg

Added Midland 50W unit and 3DB gain antenna. If there's any interest, I can import more RHD climate control units (all years/styles) and add them to cruiserpatch.com

I'll be offering 98-02 Land Cruiser RHD climate control units soon. I much prefer the dials to the button controls of the 98-02 LX

Got new tires and a bracket for my hi-lift. Also put the roof box on because we are taking a family trip soon.

20240101_161701.jpg

View attachment 3522637
Added Midland 50W unit and 3DB gain antenna. If there's any interest, I can import more RHD climate control units (all years/styles) and add them to cruiserpatch.com

I'll be offering 98-02 Land Cruiser RHD climate control units soon. I much prefer the dials to the button controls of the 98-02 LX

I was just thinking of looking into this after stripping out the interior to do a deep clean. My buttons are wonky.
I'll keep an eye out for an update from ya.

I was just thinking of looking into this after stripping out the interior to do a deep clean. My buttons are wonky.
I'll keep an eye out for an update from ya.
I’m adding a “used” department soon with used parts for resale. I’d love to provide some climate control panels and a few others (rear locked axles, locker actuators, wire harnesses, etc).

@kevgentile remember that some of those are likely bodily fluids!!!! HAZMAT SUIT!

Definitely some urine going on. Not sure if cat, dog, human, or rat.
It's better but still there, even after some detergents, scrubbing, and a pressure wash.

Thinking of doing a dark brown dye to help blend in some of the darker staining that didn't come out.

I’m adding a “used” department soon with used parts for resale. I’d love to provide some climate control panels and a few others (rear locked axles, locker actuators, wire harnesses, etc).

I'll be keeping up with your progress on this. I plan on eventually doing the rear locker. The previous owner advertised mine with one but at the time I was unaware that the 98/99 LX did not come with it. Knox had informed me of this and mentioned the owner may have done a conversion but this was not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom