GX470 LOCKERS!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VENDOR ALERT: Not a sales pitch, just an FYI.
We have imported hundreds of Harrop Eaton ELockers in the last several years. Not cheap, but easy to install (given decent shop skills and tools) with excellent results. No disrespect to the air lockers, both are fine units, just different.

Electric Differential Lockers | Lexus LX & GX Series 4WD

View attachment 1398710

Awesome timing :) Just make sure you get the right front on the GX470 as we have the 3.73 carrier (easier to call out awesome vendors to confirm correct parts).

Awesome timing :) Just make sure you get the right front on the GX470 as we have the 3.73 carrier (easier to call out awesome vendors to confirm correct parts).
Thanks. Yep, the front has two p/n listed based upon ratio. It gets a little complicated when regearing with non-OEM spec gears may require use of the "other" p/n due to thickness of housing. Here is a comparison of the two models. With a lower gear, the ring gear gets thicker....

upload_2017-2-9_6-46-25.png

VENDOR ALERT: Not a sales pitch, just an FYI.
We have imported hundreds of Harrop Eaton ELockers in the last several years. Not cheap, but easy to install (given decent shop skills and tools) with excellent results. No disrespect to the air lockers, both are fine units, just different.

Electric Differential Lockers | Lexus LX & GX Series 4WD

View attachment 1398710

Correction on your web page for the A9334 Rear locker. You call out 03-09 GX460 but it should be GX470

And Dan....Are you saying the the factory R&P is weak? Or the factory FJ set up....or both until you step up to 8.2?

And Dan....Are you saying the the factory R&P is weak? Or the factory FJ set up....or both until you step up to 8.2?

Both (as they are the same from GX 2003-09 and FJ from 07-09). Well known. I broke my R&P in a gravel road :p.

There are about 8 I know of that have already broken their rear R&P in GXes, and a lot more in FJs.

Both (as they are the same from GX 2003-09 and FJ from 07-09). Well known. I broke my R&P in a gravel road :p.

There are about 8 I know of that have already broken their rear R&P in GXes, and a lot more in FJs.

So what would be better

Upgraded Stock LSD non-factory Upgrade R+P as well.

or

New 150 version stock LSD.

I believe the 150 stock and the 120 upgraded R&P are about the same (given the same ratio). This is not a scientific analysis :)

The lower gear ratios are BEEFY. I mean really beefy. Check the difference:

Stock (with some teeth missing, note the backing plate and overall thickness of the ring gear):

IMG_0077.JPG

Nitro 4.56 gear replacement:
IMG_0078.JPG

Correction, the 121 is the front, the rear is
ARB-RD132 ARB Air Locker Toyota 8", 50mm needs to be included
ARB-160116
Bookmark.

I believe the 150 stock and the 120 upgraded R&P are about the same (given the same ratio). This is not a scientific analysis :)

The lower gear ratios are BEEFY. I mean really beefy. Check the difference:

Stock (with some teeth missing, note the backing plate and overall thickness of the ring gear):

View attachment 1401579

Nitro 4.56 gear replacement:
View attachment 1401581
After several years....the 150 8.2 is for sure way stronger than the 120 8" rear. I have seen no amount of build in an 8" that will hold off failure in hard wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom