What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

😫 How much modification to contour to a 2016+ bumper @turbo8?
Its nice and flat, but I like my rear lines way too much to cut them off flat.

😫 How much modification to contour to a 2016+ bumper @turbo8?
Its nice and flat, but I like my rear lines way too much to cut them off flat.
It actual has a 5º angle, so it is around 2" higher in the back than the front.
I also made it set back another 1.5" from the wheel arches to gain more clearance for larger tires. My 35s rub the fenders in that location so I will eventually cut away this section.

side v.JPG

Drove home 500+ miles home from Orlando and found this laying in my driveway the next morning. No idea how long it was dragging :doh::bang: Extra zip ties for now.

20230504_140945.jpg

Did it wear all the way through where you thumb is?

no, luckily -- this is why you shouldn't slack and mount your stuff properly -- hope to get them mounted before summer is over..... :censor:

I was very lucky I guess

It actual has a 5º angle, so it is around 2" higher in the back than the front.
I also made it set back another 1.5" from the wheel arches to gain more clearance for larger tires. My 35s rub the fenders in that location so I will eventually cut away this section.

View attachment 3314621

So much goodness here. Glad you accounted for space for those with larger tires to grow into.

Discussed with @turbo8 and decided to pass on the opportunity for now. I've got a few other large projects going on around the house that I wouldn't be able to give this the right attention at the moment. It's not drop in with the AHC system and I would possibly need to account for some LRA/AUX transfer pump complexity.

I'm sure someone else will take the opportunity as this thing is exactly what the community needs.

@TeCKis300 if you do buy it, I am visiting Turbo8 in a few weeks to pick up my skids, I can bring whatever you order back down as well to save on shipping, but youd have to drive to Los Angeles to pick it up :)

@tbisaacs I ended up buying the Slee bracket thanks to your info !
The support bracket on the tube version of the bumper is in the same spot of the machined version. So you will be the actual tester. haha

I’ve finally accepted that this driveway will never be clean…I went so dang slow through the mud. Doggone mud magnet.

View attachment 3314934
Yep, same here even after going to a self service car wash ($20+ quarters) after trails. Drive home, park in driveway. Rain, thunderstorm and my driveway looks like yours.

Got lucky and scored a very lightly set of used Slee step sliders locally! Going to head over to Slee shortly and pick up whatever hardware I need to mount them...
Slee sliders.jpg

Completed 2007 FJ Cruiser dry ice cleaned and painted.
This is advertising work which isnt appropriate in Tech . There is a section in the Classifieds for Small Store Front which would be more appropriate

I deleted your phone number. Please refrain from posting obvious advertising in the Tech section

Your Friendly 200 series section moderator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom