What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just getting the truck baselined with every day things that will benefit my family day in and day out. First off was floor liners, went with Husky so we will see. Never had a set before but first impressions are good, I’m liking the fit and they seem like they will do a great job.

Next was seat covers and I went with Escape Gear from Equipt. Very quick shipping, product looks awesome and the install wasn’t terrible either. I’m not a small guy so shoving the straps under the seats and doing all that was a bit of a pain but not bad at all. Overall, first impressions are very good!

Finally was the Kaon pet divider/small item barrier. First and foremost I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with how fast this got to me from Australia! One week to the day from ordering it, it was sitting on my front porch here in Montana. The barrier was well packaged, fit together very well and even looks great. I have a couple big dogs so keeping them in the back was a priority and I think this will do perfectly.

View attachment 3270791
You should check out these stickers for your Husky liners: Toyota Land Cruiser Husky Liners Replacement Domed Badge - https://drewsdecals.com/product/toyota-land-cruiser-husky-liners-replacement-domed-badge/

I have Trail Taylors hidden winch Mount ready to install. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around not having the crash bars on the sides. I may just go with a @victory4X4 front bumper.
Check this out.

Not that i want to discourage any new mods.

I did not do any type of decibel readings, but it is much more quiet! Well worth the work it took to install
Any idea how much weight you've added in sound deadener? Would love more info on how you did this and where close cell foam used vs. deadener mat.

Check this out.

Not that i want to discourage any new mods.
I've seen what he did with his Trail Taylor hwm. Fantastic work.

Any idea how much weight you've added in sound deadener? Would love more info on how you did this and where close cell foam used vs. deadener mat.
I used about half a box of sound deadener sheets (~15 lbs) and the closed cell foam weights next to nothing. My primary focus for this round of sound deadening was the roof as I was chasing a squeak / rattle (which I did not find /fix) and I never wanted to drop the headliner again. So I coated over 70% of the roof sheet metal with the deadener and 100% with the closed cell foam. The deadener just stops resonation of vibration across panels so 100% is not needed but the closed cell foam acts as an insulator (heat and cold) with some sound absorption properties so that is why I wanted overlap in that material. I then moved onto the doors and did the same coverage of the outer door skins. In the rear of the LC I moved subwoofer and certain rear AC components so that I could reach the outer D panel and got really good coverage on it as well.

I used about half a box of sound deadener sheets (~15 lbs) and the closed cell foam weights next to nothing. My primary focus for this round of sound deadening was the roof as I was chasing a squeak / rattle (which I did not find /fix) and I never wanted to drop the headliner again. So I coated over 70% of the roof sheet metal with the deadener and 100% with the closed cell foam. The deadener just stops resonation of vibration across panels so 100% is not needed but the closed cell foam acts as an insulator (heat and cold) with some sound absorption properties so that is why I wanted overlap in that material. I then moved onto the doors and did the same coverage of the outer door skins. In the rear of the LC I moved subwoofer and certain rear AC components so that I could reach the outer D panel and got really good coverage on it as well.
In addition to all of the above, I've found that Mass Loaded Vinyl is what makes the most sound deadening difference. It's probably not suitable to use on the roof due to its weight and having to have fixed anchors securing it, but it's a great thing to use on doors, floor, truck cab walls, etc. On my Tacoma I used all three: self-adhesive, butyl-based and foil backed sound deadening sheets, closed cell foam, and MLV.

In addition to all of the above, I've found that Mass Loaded Vinyl is what makes the most sound deadening difference. It's probably not suitable to use on the roof due to its weight and having to have fixed anchors securing it, but it's a great thing to use on doors, floor, truck cab walls, etc. On my Tacoma I used all three: self-adhesive, butyl-based and foil backed sound deadening sheets, closed cell foam, and MLV.
Absolutely correct, the MLV is used to literally block the sound. I installed the same as you in my Tundra and yet the stock land cruiser is far quieter than the Tundra with all of that which is why I have not done MLV. If I am not happy with the outcome long term I may try something like Luxury Liner Pro where it is a combination of MLV and CCF in one product to add in the doors but right now I do not think it will be necessary.

Got the new engine put in, then rotated the tires and greased the drive shafts and UCA’s. Driving good again.
0B9C4166-6391-4855-9042-BA7237811620.jpeg

Scored a set of TRD Pro BBS Forged rims with center caps, decent street tires and TPMS (they were from a 200). Got them from a super nice family that met me halfway saving me a lot of driving.

I'm surprised more cabinetry is not made from nomex cored panels rather than plywood. The cored panels are using in airplane and boat interiors.
Just googled nomex core panels, that material is spendy!

Installed SDHQ ABS guards. I didn’t like how sharp the inside was where the ABS wire contacts the guard. I disconnected the first clip from plug to relieve a little tension. Any concern with vibration at the guard where wire sits?

3FF2BE75-97DA-4FDD-83EF-EFF42FE6C073.jpeg

5672A9E9-5BDD-41F0-9468-6DBC90189B71.jpeg

I don't have these, but could you 1) protect the wire itself with plastic wire wrap and 2) relieve the sharp edge (with a file or sandpaper)?

Installed SDHQ ABS guards. I didn’t like how sharp the inside was where the ABS wire contacts the guard. I disconnected the first clip from plug to relieve a little tension. Any concern with vibration at the guard where wire sits?

View attachment 3272262

View attachment 3272263

I ran them on a 5th Gen 4Runner, a GX460 and now on the 200 LC, no issues ever and none have been modified. You can hold the guard somewhat away from the wire when tightening it down to keep contact at a minimum.

I don't have these, but could you 1) protect the wire itself with plastic wire wrap and 2) relieve the sharp edge (with a file or sandpaper)?
Definitely could do this and probably will. I know a lot of people have bought these just wondering if anyone else has considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom