Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I was a kid I flushed out a grouse & man oh man I’ll never forget that, didn’t shoot, didn’t even know what happened, it scared the crap out of me!

A rite of passage…The complete evacuation of the digestive tract, brought on by the sudden surge of the adrenal gland, resulting in total sensory overload. Kinda like an unplanned auto-rotation at max airspeed, in high winds at low altitude…😁

A rite of passage…The complete evacuation of the digestive tract, brought on by the sudden surge of the adrenal gland, resulting in total sensory overload. Kinda like an unplanned auto-rotation at max airspeed, in high winds at low altitude…😁
…or exceeding G-force in a California earthquake!😱

IIRC, we reach 1.1G in the ‘94 quake.

2nd battery this year. 🤔 New battery, pulled the starter and ground straps as well.

Pre-Flight: All systems “green light” for ignition. I’ll keep an eye on the Gremlin Resonance Indicator during the post launch sequence and see if I register any fluctuations In the continuum.

F3A5109B-6309-4146-AD54-031A47611CD7.jpeg

E0EDFE89-A2F9-4797-9ED0-871F2C7E83F7.jpeg

E3654BD7-5276-48B4-8D66-FA54586F8C87.jpeg

That's a mighty handsome gear reduction flux capacitor you got there :hillbilly:

The Mule is going to the Vet..

Scheduled for some lift time this Friday. Pre-Op looks good for he TCase/trans swap. Pretty sure I have all the requisite pieces, parts and accoutrements for a successful transplant. I‘ll need to repurpose some of the “smalls”, but I should be “good to hook”. Still need to pick up some gear oil. I have MUD on speed dial in the event I find myself in a tight spot.

I’m not going to get around to reinstalling the top (if I do at all) until Dec-ish. May just go “topless” till spring…😎

7CEC68C2-E220-4CEB-A983-1C6E3DFAF69C.jpeg

Pre-combat checks.

I’ve rounded up all of my spares (bolts, spacers, gaskets, seals etc etc etc) that I think I’ll need. Garage is a about five miles as the crow flys and I don’t want to make “oh sh+T” trips back and forth. Even tossed in a couple non-related items if I can squeeze them in (🙏).

Been avoiding eye contact with the “Sniper” Kit sitting in the back corner of the garage. Knock wood, the Jim C carb is still running better than I anticipated. Sooo, the Holley may gather dust for the foreseeable future. 🙄

AE7016BC-B01A-4B3C-A765-275071C95CB5.jpeg

77FCF410-AB66-48B0-96E2-BD7ED679E776.jpeg

608B718F-46B4-4100-BCD8-04A561513ED7.jpeg

Good luck with your vital internal organ transplant today. Know that you have a team of dedicated surgeons and well wishers on standby here in the event that the Mule fights back.

Pre-combat checks.

I’ve rounded up all of my spares (bolts, spacers, gaskets, seals etc etc etc) that I think I’ll need. Garage is a about five miles as the crow flys and I don’t want to make “oh sh+T” trips back and forth. Even tossed in a couple non-related items if I can squeeze them in (🙏).

Been avoiding eye contact with the “Sniper” Kit sitting in the back corner of the garage. Knock wood, the Jim C carb is still running better than I anticipated. Sooo, the Holley may gather dust for the foreseeable future. 🙄

View attachment 3155601

View attachment 3155602

View attachment 3155603

before u begin here Donald ,
would you like another FIPG , PEP Talk & GROUP TEq HUG , before you go out into the ASCO Perimeter , where there are no stars 👨‍🎤✨

- oh , BTW ,

don't forget to swing by the Rising SUN SKUNK-WORKS Laboratory and scoop up that new hybrid FIPG , we have been asked by TOYOTA to put it through its paces and report back in writing ..........

1667562769974.png

1667562756880.png

Last edited:
before you go out into the ASCO Perimeter”

“Audaces Fortuna Juvat”

I’m already standing in the door. When I exit, I’ll keep my feet and knees together, trust to the winds and do a dynamite PLF on Terra Firma. If I’m compromised at anytime during the OP, I’ll fall back to the last RP and redistribute all remaining FIPG. 🎖

Update from the intel section:

Tides and weather were not favorable to a successful landing (Lift was still occupied). Wanting to hit it fresh we decided to shift everything till Monday AM. I’ve staged everything at the garage, sans Transmission, while awaiting the YOTA-verse to stabilize. Minor skip in the Matrix.

I’ll try and pop up to periscope depth at some point, but I may be running silent for a bit.

Man I thought folks from South Arkansas were hard to understand
I read it like a NASA wannabe wrote it; it helped a little. :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Had to push an entire week. Rescheduled for next Monday.

Conspiracy of circumstances. Helping a buddy with some hardwood flooring, Chimney Sweep and stove maintenance today, a mandatory unscheduled bird hunt 🙄 and the lift won’t be clear until this late afternoon.

I‘m trading a deer hunt for free lift time. The owner is the son of a friend who owns a local shop, primarily construction equipment and fleet diesel work. They had a couple emergency jobs and I’m in no rush. Good kid (late20’s) making his way. He just picked up another garage and hired another mechanic. All this has nothing to do with my work, I’m just happy to see a young fella like him out there busting his hump and building a business.

Last edited:

“Chewing on a piece of grass, walking down the road. Tell me, how long you gonna stay here Joe.
Some people say this town don’t look good in snow….You don’t care I know.

Ventura Highway, in the sunshine"……………

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom