1FZ FE Engine Torque plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wdmoore.ca
Anyone used torque plates on bore or hone jobs for their engine?
Did you use aluminum or steel plate and what are your thoughts?
Did you take multiple before and after bore measurements, and if so, how did it turn out?

I am doing a diagnostic teardown and blueprint job.
1FZ engine building and blueprinting
One thing I am measuring is bores for size and out of round, on teardown. I believe a torque plate needs to be used to get accurate measurements, especially if you are to use one for any boring/honing after. Any thoughts there?
That said:
I need to buy borrow or rent a torque plate for a couple months. Anyone got one? I can have one built for about $400, if I have to. If I get one built anyone want it after?

I have only found one place that has a 1FZ torque plate I believe it's 3" aluminum. I never got the courage to to call and ask the price. Lol

BHJ Products

Well I guess I'll probably buy one then. I've got lots of uses for it for a while.
Afterwards I can ship to anyone who needs.
Hows your engine coming along?

My engine is on hold for a bit. My $6,000-7,000 paint job ended up costing me close to $13,000. So the funds for the build are MIA right now. Lol. Should have known better when I took it into the shop and they told me most of their customers are millionaires. Ugh. I did have a few custom touches done. The front bumper has been cut and rolled for an intercooler, the hood had vents installed, the sunroof was patched closed, and a little trick one was the metal kick out on the bottom of the body below the doors that's a custom piece. But I wouldn't spend that kind of money again. The shop just put multiple guys on the job full time and ran the bill up before I had a chance to stop them. Lol.

IMG_1764.JPG

Well I guess I'll probably buy one then. I've got lots of uses for it for a while.
Afterwards I can ship to anyone who needs.
Hows your engine coming along?

My engine is on hold for a bit. My $6,000-7,000 paint job ended up costing me close to $13,000. So the funds for the build are MIA right now. Lol. Should have known better when I took it into the shop and they told me most of their customers are millionaires. Ugh. I did have a few custom touches done. The front bumper has been cut and rolled for an intercooler, the hood had vents installed, the sunroof was patched closed, and a little trick one was the metal kick out on the bottom of the body below the doors that's a custom piece. But I wouldn't spend that kind of money again. The shop just put multiple guys on the job full time and ran the bill up before I had a chance to stop them. Lol.

View attachment 1447856
Well you do get what you pay for and it looks absolutely great!
I will spend all my money on an engine I don't even have a vehicle for.
We just have a minor addiction

I found two places for torque plates, one was DeeWorks in Quebec Canada. $600, its in transit now.
Torque Plate for Toyota 1FZ-FE Engine 103mm Max Bore

Torque Plate for Toyota 1FZ-FE Engine 103mm Max Bore quantity
Description $460.00 USD 4 in stock

If you are here, you know what these are for. Most serious engine rebuilder will use one of these plate when boring a block. It is easy to see if a block has been honed with or without a plate just by out of round the bore can get once everything is torqued down. These plate simulate the stress of a fully torqued head when doing the cylinder bore honing. I make a lot of torque plate for different engine and got asked to do the Toyota 1FZ-FE torque plate. I now stock these from now on! These plate will fit on all 1FZ-FE Toyota Engine with a maximum bore of 103mm.They are CNC machined out of 2″ thick 6061-T6 aluminum. Stainless steel insert are included so it can be used numerous time without damaging the mounting hole. They also give you close to stock height of a head so you can use your old head bolt to torque down the plate.It is suitable for bore up to 103MM for those seeking maximum displacement on these engine, but they obviously can be used on smaller bore too.

I can make custom bore at no extra charge!

Included

• A Honing plate
    DSC_0138-e1539115604771 (1).jpg
  • 14 Stainless Steel Spacer

These plate will ship to Canada and the United State for a flat rate of

How did this plate work out for you? My machine shop is willing to split the cost of one if I can find one that's reasonable.

This is tempting but I can just machine my own and I'd just be shipping it to my own rebuilder anyway :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom