What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those with ARB drawers, the Craftsman VersaStack 209 piece tool set fits PERFECTLY. Grab and go with 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 basic set. And latched tool drawers. My tool organizing bliss. For $99, it hit the mark for me. And who doesn’t need another set of tools, right?!

*Not an advertisement, just excited to find a solution that solves lots of problems.

View attachment 2354880

View attachment 2354882

View attachment 2354883
Do the tools rattle inside the versastack case?

I was going to install some LS430 sunvisors but UPS decided to deliver my order somewhere else. Still haven't found it. Third time this year they've delivered something of mine to another apartment. The apartment manager said they've been getting tons of complaints and residents having to either drop stuff at the office for the right person to pick up or people just delivering it to their neighbor.

Do the tools rattle inside the versastack case?
I heard a little rattling when I first bought it, and it was sitting on top of the drawers. Inside the drawers, haven’t really noticed anything. Haven’t taken it off road yet, so can’t speak for washboard of dirt, but everything else rattles in those consolations so not concerned about it. I just love the fact that the whole case - organizer and all - fits in the aRB drawer like it was built to spec.

Getting the Retro Sound 6.5” front speakers in was surprisingly straightforward. These are shallow mount depth so no spacer rings are needed and they fit behind the factory grille. I used a ring of butyl to seal against the door metal and hold the speaker in place, it has several hole patterns and one aligns with the stock fasteners. The supplied screws are too thin so I reused stock, which deforms the speaker frame slightly.

They supply a long splice harness and clip/screw fasteners, but no connectors or butyl so bring your own.

E3BAA4D2-DE1D-4355-9269-E54AB775A62B.jpeg

Thanks, I was wondering if any others had this problem as well...

My passenger side is in perfect condish but no one ever sits in it, just wife once in a while.

I agree, they seem very thin.

Im going to attempt to contact Lseat and see if they can sell me just driver side, its worth a shot I guess..lol

Update...I emailed Lseat and they were back to me in a few hours to my surprise and they said I can buy just driver seat leather in Bisque!
Stand up company for there communication and service. Going to order on Monday and hoping my drivers seat was just a fluke and not normal for the cracking and wear..

I heard a little rattling when I first bought it, and it was sitting on top of the drawers. Inside the drawers, haven’t really noticed anything. Haven’t taken it off road yet, so can’t speak for washboard of dirt, but everything else rattles in those consolations so not concerned about it. I just love the fact that the whole case - organizer and all - fits in the aRB drawer like it was built to spec.
And if you want bulk storage, the DeWalt TSTACK 17” boxes also fit perfectly. (Craftsman and DeWalt are owned by the same company). Loving this system fit in the ARB drawers!

CA64E56E-FF2C-470D-9DAC-6DAA2B5315D7.jpeg

F3FD097E-1D10-4A4A-AFB3-23645132A499.jpeg

Installed 4x new OEM calipers and bled the brakes, 4x wheels, triggered ABS, LSPV, 4x wheels and 3x quarts later, Im out of fluid and air is STILL coming out of the LSPV. This sucks.

Installed 4x new OEM calipers and bled the brakes, 4x wheels, triggered ABS, LSPV, 4x wheels and 3x quarts later, Im out of fluid and air is STILL coming out of the LSPV. This sucks.
Been there, I should have bought stock in Prestone to recoup some of the GALLONS of fluid I have used tying to bleed mine. My booster is not working well right now and despite removing the ABS and LSPV, I still have spongy brakes. The only existing parts on my system are the pedal and the hard lines... I think I will go the hydro route at this point.

Getting the Retro Sound 6.5” front speakers in was surprisingly straightforward. These are shallow mount depth so no spacer rings are needed and they fit behind the factory grille. I used a ring of butyl to seal against the door metal and hold the speaker in place, it has several hole patterns and one aligns with the stock fasteners. The supplied screws are too thin so I reused stock, which deforms the speaker frame slightly.

They supply a long splice harness and clip/screw fasteners, but no connectors or butyl so bring your own.

View attachment 2354935
that's good to know. update us when you test them out.

Was a combination of the last few weeks, but new seats, new carpet, Delta prototype RHD manual shifter cover, made a bracket for a rammount on the dash OSH, made some bigger OSH for the driver and passenger, added some gauges (another EGT, water temp, and AFR) put a new turbo on, made a airbox for a panel filter and a new battery tray.and I added a passenger to mess with people

0D4FA481-A8CA-4546-A1E3-47365AFC216F.jpeg

Last edited:
@ItsBavid they sound decent, not going to satisfy any hifi scrutineers but they sound better than the one blown, one disconnected factory units— and I didn’t have to modify the door card for face mounting.

had a little extra motivation, modified the left side of my KISS drawer system to have a removable top panel so the full cargo height can be used for bikes or other tall things. Still need to buy some 8020/T-nut hardware and UHMW glides to reinsert the top panel as needed, but it does the job:

057FC17D-59E9-4DC1-80AE-98145D65DA85.jpeg

Cut off the lame Mud Flaps! Finally finished base lining, Ironman Snorkel, ARB Diff Breathers, Smittybilt Winch with custom SS bracket for the winch control, Black hood wrap, Alpine deck and all new speakers, lots of Wit's End goodies (Thanks Joey) added Delta Storage brackets for a storage Tray in the back (Now i have a grab handle for the Dirver's side :bounce:. waiting for my GOBI Ladder (Ordered in January) should be here in the next couple weeks :bang:. Hopefully the Uptop Overland rack ships Monday. Now if I could only stop working so much I can wheel the Beast. Only been able to use it for work to drive to job sites. Not that I am complaining, as the money funds my Cruiser Addiction but 3-days off in the last 42 days is getting old. Got more stuff to do but no time to do it. Just got the Lutz speedo adjustment, but too many Honey-dos to crawl under and install. :( oh and the Metal Tech sliders are on top of my paddle boards gathering dust, as I have no time to weld them up and still need to powder coat them.

LX4503.jpg
LX4502.jpg

I added thin foam liners to mine to hold the tools down as I got tired of all the racket. Works great, quiets it right down. I still hear noise from my tools bouncing but it is much more muffled now.

Been there, I should have bought stock in Prestone to recoup some of the GALLONS of fluid I have used tying to bleed mine. My booster is not working well right now and despite removing the ABS and LSPV, I still have spongy brakes. The only existing parts on my system are the pedal and the hard lines... I think I will go the hydro route at this point.
Oh man, I've seriously considered the ABS and LSPV delete. Its weird, the pedal gets hard and I think in done then you hear this groaning sound in the brake lines and a couple of bleeds later, its super foamy. There is an end to this right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom