REPRODUCTION D-Pillar and Front Fender Vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got in on this one. Stoked!

Done. About to send you a message about shipping. Thanks!

I ordered. Been checking this off and on for a week...thanks for the heads up.

Just got mine and cannot wait to install....quick question. The screw hole in the gasket is as big as the screw and not the actual insert or round part that indents into the truck. Is that right? seems like that will keep it from being flush mounted at the corners.

Just got mine and cannot wait to install....quick question. The screw hole in the gasket is as big as the screw and not the actual insert or round part that indents into the truck. Is that right? seems like that will keep it from being flush mounted at the corners.

I actually figured it out and one fits nicely but the plastic grommets on the other side crumbled....off to find those....grrrr

I actually figured it out and one fits nicely but the plastic grommets on the other side crumbled....off to find those....grrrr

If you you find a fitting part can you post up here. I have one I’m missing.

No luck.....maybe someone here can help us out. It would be a square plastic retainer that fits in a hole that is 3/16th. I called the dealer and he shows nothing but said I could come by and he would see if he could match it up. Looking aftermarket at these retainers and I am not seeing anything that small.

I just ordered what the site says is the last pair. They're now showing out of stock, and I am quite pleased to have gotten in under the wire on this one.

The bare aluminum sold out quicker. I got mine delivered yesterday, beautiful work.

Thanks @pandasfj !!! My dealer had none and none in their warehouse, but I ordered from one I have before and they were only $1.34 each. I of course cannot drive around with a hole in the side of my ride so improvised for the time being. Shaved some lic plate retainers down and it worked for now.

This upgrade was just as satisfying at replacing my hood insulator. Here are the before and after....
FJ60PillarA.JPG

fj60pillarB.JPG

FJ60pillarC.JPG

Ok, so when you order these go ahead and order the grommets. These will put a bit more pressure on your grommets as the new vent is metal vs plastic. Mine literally just crumbled and the ones that seemed fine just crumbled when I touched them from the backside. Anyway, The part number called out before was correct and I ordered extra as I do whenever I order parts. I used toyotapartsdeal.com and they were only $.34 each. It's a dealer out of Ca.

Ok, so when you order these go ahead and order the grommets. These will put a bit more pressure on your grommets as the new vent is metal vs plastic. Mine literally just crumbled and the ones that seemed fine just crumbled when I touched them from the backside. Anyway, The part number called out before was correct and I ordered extra as I do whenever I order parts. I used toyotapartsdeal.com and they were only $.34 each. It's a dealer out of Ca.
View attachment 1900866
Mine crumbled too. I went ahead and used rivnuts.

I have two boxes of assorted and could not find any that were small enough or thin enough on the top. Shaved a lic plate holder down, but dont trust it. Paid to much for these to risk them popping out.

Looking to see if there is any interest in another round of D-pillar vents. The fender vents are about finished. Slight delay due to a death in the family of my machinist and he is way behind now and I told him to catch up on other orders ahead of mine.

J

Looking to see if there is any interest in another round of D-pillar vents. The fender vents are about finished. Slight delay due to a death in the family of my machinist and he is way behind now and I told him to catch up on other orders ahead of mine.

J
I'd love a pair. Would be able to order when I get my disability on the 1st.

View attachment 1900866

I've owned several 60s and never had these break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom