Ding repair on front fender possible without removal of fender? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just came home after being out of town for a month and discovered my garaged 60 has some dings on the fender...the people watching my house are claiming they weren't aware of it or what may have caused it. 🤬😟
Whatever banged into the fender to cause those 4 dings also hit it hard enough to go down to the bare metal (sorry for the blurry shots).
I was hoping i could take it in to a door ding removal shop for a repair but was wondering if there was any way to gain access to the backside of that fender panel without unbolting the whole fender from the frame? Anyone familiar with removing door dings and the tools they use that can provide any input / insight here?
Any input appreciated - thanks!

Fender dings.jpeg
Fender ding 2.jpeg

Strange damage... I would investigate further.

Yes - that can be fixed with the fender on.

Personally I would take the fender off and see if there is a way to pop or bend the dent back with some body tools.

the less body filler the better.

Thanks fellas- appreciate your time in responding!
@Gimme a 60 - Definitely do NOT want to go body filler route and would take off the fender, if necessary, to go PDR and avoid that since the body of this truck is pristine outside of these new dents!
@BlackCat - i'm hoping it can be PDR'd without fender removal...plan to check into it when I have time!

I think it totaled I'll take it off your hands fir $1,200 bucks.
That didn't take long, PDR would be your best bet the paint would be another thing.

Saw something similar due to bicycle pedals. Unfortunately one of those times also involved my 60 and a rider going down the hill…

Saw something similar due to bicycle pedals. Unfortunately one of those times also involved my 60 and a rider going down the hill…
yeah....possibly bikes if they had bikes going thru there. I wish i could solve the mystery but just gonna fix it and move on! 👍

Almost looks like someone shot at it with a BB gun or an airsoft gun. Unfortunate to see though I think pdr should be able to fix.

Almost looks like someone shot at it with a BB gun or an airsoft gun. Unfortunate to see though I think pdr should be able to fix.
It was parked inside my garage while I was out of town which has me scratching my head as to how it happened. People watching my house while I was out of town had a bunch of kids over who were all over the place but none of them remember hitting or running into the 60.....riiiiiiight!! 😭

OKAY - what is PDR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom