FJ60 Reproduction Fender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a new fender for my '84 FJ60 and the only ones I've found so far are some "reproduction" ones off SOR's website ('cuz good luck finding OEM! 👎):

1698937482590.png

Anyone tried these and can speak to their quality? I'm most likely going to get one (since they are all I can find) but wanted to see if there were any opinions or experience regarding them first.

Thank you!

Slightly less at Cruiser Corps

Amayama has japanese made fenders:

Cruiserparts.net has used parts - I used to have good luck with them, mixed results recently

And if you just need a repair patch for the area between the wheel and the door, check this out:

No experience with any of these... yet :)

Slightly less at Cruiser Corps

Amayama has japanese made fenders:

Cruiserparts.net has used parts - I used to have good luck with them, mixed results recently

And if you just need a repair patch for the area between the wheel and the door, check this out:

No experience with any of these... yet :)
Gamble using Cruiser Corps for on line shopping. Go read the reviews on how they treat customers buying on line.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a replacement driver's side fender myself. From what I've seen the best way to go if you can track one down is as good of condition as you can find in an OEM fender. That said, it's very difficult to track one down and I've heard more and more stories from unhappy customers about CruiserParts. As much as I dislike the idea, I myself might be stuck with an aftermarket once I get the money up to do the job. Should that end up being the case, my plan will be to order one through Amayama.

The repos are thinner metal. The factory is closer to 16 to18 gauge and the repos are 20 to 22 gauge. that is a big difference. If your fender is not a total loss might check out the utube videos by Fritzees metal work. He does videos on panel repairs using basic tools and a mig welder. I am getting ready to fix some rust on a rear quarter and rocker panel. Lucky that the areas are small and looks like it was caused by the factory mud flaps trapping crud in those areas.

The repos are thinner metal. The factory is closer to 16 to18 gauge and the repos are 20 to 22 gauge. that is a big difference. If your fender is not a total loss might check out the utube videos by Fritzees metal work. He does videos on panel repairs using basic tools and a mig welder. I am getting ready to fix some rust on a rear quarter and rocker panel. Lucky that the areas are small and looks like it was caused by the factory mud flaps trapping crud in those areas.
True the OEM are thicker, but after measuring the body sheet metal when I repaired my tailgate, I was surprised to see that it's essentially 20 gauge (specifically, the metric equivalent), and the repros are typically 22 gauge. I would much rather have OEM for this reason, as there's not much metal there to lose in thickness!

Something a little funny ha ha: when I repaired my tailgate, the patch I used was cut from the housing of an old home theater Sony DVD player, which was 18 gauge 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom