Testing HIR lamps - What I found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IDK what these are, but at $4 a pop...I ordered 4. I'll update if they work. GE GENERAL ELECTRIC G.E 9011 HIR1 Replacement

How did these GE bulbs work out so far ewillis? I have to replace a blown out 9011 and if you attest this particular brand was any good (who makes it?), I will get a few at this price. I have been getting the Phillips version from PEP Boys at $25 a pop. Bright as they are, they don't last very long for me. A year at most. Could be because on my truck, the headlights come on as daylight running lights and shortens its lifetime. Definitely need to keep a few spares on hand.

Last edited:
How did these GE bulbs work out so far ewillis? I have to replace a blown out 9011 and if you attest this particular brand was any good (who makes it?), I will get a few at this price. I have been getting the Phillips version from PEP Boys at $25 a pop. Bright as they are, they don't last very long for me. A year at most. Could be because on my truck, the headlights come on as daylight running lights and shortens its lifetime. Definitely need to keep a few spares on hand.

This is why I trust and buy from Candlepower.com. From my experience and testing they spend the time to offer the best value. My last set from Candlepower.com (Toshiba's) lasted almost 7 years. Made it easy to pull the trigger on the latest greatest German made Vosla 9011 from candlepower. At $18 each I see them as a value when you consider they remove the guess work by testing all HIR/9011 for the best performance.

Third Generation Halogen Infrared (HIR) - HIR1 ( 9011 )

they're still sitting on my bench in the garage. Can't endorse just yet....sorry

I've been running the 9011's I purchased from candlepower in both my high and low beams for over a year now. Like @LandCruiserPhil stated I got almost 7 years out of the 9012 bulbs I previously had in the low beams. Given the price of 2 bulbs for $32 and the longevity it's a really hard price to beat for the upgrade that you get.

@NateMob any feedback on these?

So glad this thread popped up. I was thinking about ordering the Slee wiring harness and upgrading that way...This seems like a no brainer. 9011 X 4 - Am I missing something here? Haha.

Thanks everyone!

I think Slee makes some of the best things on the LC market, but I've read a lot of people having issues with the harness kit. I've run the 9011's for about 2 years I think now. I bought mine from NAPA. They were in the back and not for sale with the rest of the bulbs, but still cost ~$25 each if I remember correctly.

So do I have to have the slee harness to run 9011's?

82546310-4037-4FDA-9794-CEBF3F4500CC.jpeg
HIR in driver’s side; stock in passenger.

Haven't done this bulb upgrade yet, but planning on it. Just wanted to throw in my two cents on the slee harness--I had to remove mine due to various headlight malfunctions over the course of 4 years. Took out the slee harness and all was right again. Stock harness works fine, no need to complicate things by stuffing more wires under the hood.

Haven't done this bulb upgrade yet, but planning on it. Just wanted to throw in my two cents on the slee harness--I had to remove mine due to various headlight malfunctions over the course of 4 years. Took out the slee harness and all was right again. Stock harness works fine, no need to complicate things by stuffing more wires under the hood.

Did you find any signs of corrosion at the connections? Mine was installed for nearly 10 years and worked flawlessly until an under hood fire destroyed it. (different accessory circuit)

Curious for those that went Vosla 9011 in low, what kind of lifespan are you getting so far or got if they already died?

Thanks

I had same issues with Susquehanna harness for depos and now going back to stock with 9011 Hir1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom