FJ55 @ Worldwide Vintage Autos ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No experience with Worldwide Vintage Autos but that looks like a nice pig.

Good luck!

One thing I’m not really excited about is the wheels. Don’t know why they wouldn’t have tracked down a set of stockers to complete the package.
Lots of black too, in the cargo area and engine bay, probably more a matter of preference, but they should’ve went with Cygnus in those areas.

Last edited:
I'd like to know what they did in rust repair. looking at the bottom of the rear panels. I really like that color.

Look at the engine bay and tell me what's going on there, filter up in the air and looks like the master reservoir was spayed black ?

Last edited:
Yeah I’m seeing lots of spray n go, bring a magnet...

Thank you all for your input...sounds like the waiting game continues!

I guess it goes to show how deceptive the market can be. From the pics it doesn’t look too awful bad to me, but of course you gotta see the rig in person.
I bought one vehicle off of eBay sight unseen - never again.

Thanks for that link @wngrog , I think this Greg guy is in Flagstaff, close to me. Vintage 4x4 or whatever his business is up there was recommended by a local suspension shop, and I hesitated to call them - glad I did. I recalled a few 55’s that had come out of that shop that were very iffy at best. One had an older FI Ford engine, which I thought was a little kooky, and another (or possibly the same one) had those little fold-out steps mounted on the rear quarters. Again, kooky. Other than that, I don’t remember hearing much about the guy specifically. Of course, I’m not really in the market to buy a Cruiser, so I wouldn’t know.
Definitely a turd polisher. I retract my earlier comment.

Thank you all for your input...sounds like the waiting game continues!

I’ve seen a few really nice 55s lately sub $20,000

Where are you located?

Join the FJ55 group on Facebook and check this one out.

514ED4B9-1580-4D01-A4CD-36D8227EDC77.jpeg

7BB65EAC-E778-4354-B5BA-2943422F7AEB.jpeg
83EEE721-6EE7-41C8-875B-607240CA78D7.jpeg
17125A49-BEA0-4D97-8BF5-F692928FD2A6.jpeg

Nice job painting the firewall around the back of the engine as well as the rear heater hose coming out of the back of the block. It also looks like the t stat housing and most of the valve cover were painted as well. Ironically, the swollen hose and clamps attached to T stat housing weren’t “restored”.

I’d be willing to bet it has freshly painted shocks and tie rod ends too.

NEXT!

Last edited:
Woof! That thing is pretty at a distance and downright ugly up close! The 78 @wngrog posted there is defenitely worth a look. With 78 you get the 2f, disc brakes, 4 speed. I believe you lose the cool Toyota script on the gate and the front door window frame is different but minor stuff.

My favorite purchase candidate has original paint and all original stuff so even if it needs work, you can plainly see what lies ahead (mine was close to that, I could see the original paint under the spray paint!). Keep looking, there are good ones out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom