1980 "Heritage Edition" FJ55? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone ever hear of a Heritage Edition FJ55? Looks like this came out of the Middle East. Has There a front bench seat, a 70/30 split seat in the middle, and a single bench in the third row. Also has the barn door tailgate.

IMG-3099.HEIC

IMG-3107.HEIC

396487201_6566153030149204_5605465901122553583_n.jpg

pretty sure it came out of Yemen. has not been sold last three auctions. was on ebay a bit ago never went anywhere. previous auction before that it was unsold also. the middle east ones have the third row seats or atleast every one thats popped up on BaT has. I talked with the seller/owner? when it was on ebay and personally wouldnt go very much on it without being able to see it and inspect. I asked if him since he had owned it had it been driven enough to see if its reliable and if there was any function issues on anything. if i remember right the response went something like, it work good. i drove over weekend and all work as should went about 3 miles. or something along that line. i have a hard time buying rigs from non cruiser people and just someone trying to flip a rig they have no knowledge on, other than the market a year ago was stupid and people thought they would make a mint. not saying this is a bad rig or anything i just had zero confidence in the lack of cruiser knowledge and interaction with the seller at that point. i think i put a 18k bid on it on eBay.

other than that i havent ever heard of a "edition" of any of the early cruisers, but I've been wrong before. i know the laye model 40s had a "edition" cant remember wha it was called never sold in the states.

Last edited:
was on ebay a bit ago never went anywhere.

pretty sure it came out of Yemen. has not been sold last three auctions. was on ebay a bit ago never went anywhere. previous auction before that it was unsold also. the middle east ones have the third row seats or atleast every one thats popped up on BaT has. I talked with the seller/owner? when it was on ebay and personally wouldnt go very much on it without being able to see it and inspect. I asked if him since he had owned it had it been driven enough to see if its reliable and if there was any function issues on anything. if i remember right the response went something like, it work good. i drove over weekend and all work as should went about 3 miles. or something along that line. i have a hard time buying rigs from non cruiser people and just someone trying to flip a rig they have no knowledge on, other than the market a year ago was stupid and people thought they would make a mint. not saying this is a bad rig or anything i just had zero confidence in the lack of cruiser knowledge and interaction with the seller at that point. i think i put a 18k bid on it on eBay.
Well it was at least registered in Saudi Arabia, based on the license plate (they covered the letters and numbers with white tape for the photos). I looked at a few 55s in Saudi and they all had side jump seats behind the second row. Those brackets behind the second row bench (left side) don't exactly look factory to me......but maybe.

Here's a photo of an original 1980 with the rear side jump seats (hard to see in the photo but I opened the rear doors on this one). Having trouble posting this photo but will try again.

Why are they calling it a Heritage Edition? I don't see any emblem in that regard and that designation doesn't come up on the part's diagrams for a middle east, 1980 55. Not saying it isn't; just curious.

Last edited:
Looks like a little bit of room behind that 3rd row...
1708877498839.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom