New Here and have a Question about Clutches and Slave Cylinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sooooo... update:

The guy replaced my master cylinder, and slave cylinder again about a month ago and totally treated me like an idiot when i said it had something to do with the clutch/ clutch pedal bracket. Here we are now, i took it back to him a few days ago after my truck became completely undriveable/unshiftable. He goes.... "hmmm... its probably the clutch pedal/bracket." I went off on him because this ongoing problem could've been avoided/resolved but he refused to look into it. Im wondering what a reasonable price is to have something like that replaced. It seems like an assembly of parts that for a 91 Toyota he says are rather hard to find/and are going to cost around 400 dollars. He quoted me at 750 with parts and labor. At this point I'm so fed up with dealing with this guy that I have been trying to look for somewhere else to take my truck but not having very much luck finding anyone else who deals with older toyotas in savannah, ga. I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has any insight on what a ballpark estimate would be to replace a clutch pedal bracket with parts and labor included. Thanks again for all your advice and I really appreciate y'all making me feel like i wasn't being crazy in feeling like there was something wrong with my clutch pedal having nothing to do with master or slave cylinder. :doh:
- Karalyn

I don't know if any of these places are willing to shop but it wouldn't hurt to call
Search Results

Last edited:
There's several on eBay for under $100. $750 to change that out is an "I don't want to do this job" price. Find someone else. Go to the club section in your area and ask around for a recommended shop, or someone might offer to help you do it. I would if you lived near me.

There's several on eBay for under $100. $750 to change that out is an "I don't want to do this job" price. Find someone else. Go to the club section in your area and ask around for a recommended shop, or someone might offer to help you do it. I would if you lived near me.

yeah i guess hes saying the part/ parts to fix it are around 400 which he justified by saying he couldnt find the ones for my truck in town because its a 1991 and they "dont make those anymore," i found a few on ebay too but is the old part defective/like proven to be a bad design or something? Or do you is there a newer version that i should be looking for that would fit on mine? i saw that this happens to people a lot so it seems like somebody mightve come up with something and i just dont know what im looking for. im gonna try to go down to where my truck is today to take a picture/see for myself what hes saying is wrong with the bracket if i can

Yes, it is a common failure in trucks this old, the bracket fatigues and cracks at either the pivot for the pedal or at the bolts where it attaches to the firewall, from the thousands of pushes on the pedal over years. You can actually fix your bracket, or a better way would be to get another bracket and weld gussets to it, so it can't break again. I did this to mine before re-installing it.

Definitely post in the regional section. There are folks there that can drive your truck back to your house or to another shop. Driving a vehicle with a permanently engaged clutch is ugly, but it is doable.

If the clutch/brake pedal bracket is cracked,a new bushing and shifter seat won't help.

A brand new bracket from Toyota is only $150, still available. Part number 55106-89128.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom