Slave cylinder metal line to firewall bracket( need help locating part) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member here. I need help finding the metal line that goes from the slave/release cylinder on a 1988 pickup v6 . I've look around the site at FSM's, did a VIN search nothing . Can anyone help? I've tried the replacement line that bypasses the metal lines but they burst right away.

IMG_6099 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

Same size and thread. Some fittings are longer than others but interchange.

I've salvaged a lot of the fittings from Toyota trucks. I often re-bend lines to use as needed or cut shorter, bend and re-flare.

I'm actually plumbing my brakes and clutch right now.

I have a couple piles of the factory lines off my 86 and 88 that are in great shape. I'm running NiCopp tubing and AN fittings on my current build.

I might have that line but both trucks had the 22RE and W56 trans.

What everybody here said. The autobox stores sell brake line in metric too. You will just need to bend to fit, shorten as necessary, and flare the one cut end.

Or buy one too long, use it as-is, and make a garglefarked mess out of it like it seems that 80% of the "mechanics" out there will do.

If you do not have a tubing flaring tool know that how much you spend on this tool is directly related to the quality of the flares that it produces.

Been thru/past Graeagle a couple of times, usually on my way to Packsaddle via Gold Lakes for a weekend of falling off my MTB and eating Pizza in D'Ville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom