Problems with Tough Dog Panhard --- What did I do wrong?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad that you got it worked out and that the company is taking care of the issue.

any update did you receive the new bar ?

@fisherman978 , Yes! They corrected the issue and shipped it out by DHL express. They even included a handwritten note from the "assembler" apologizing for the oversight. the company also followed up with me a couple weeks later to make sure I got it installed okay and had no further problems.

I was satisfied with that.

are you satisfied with the correct part now ? how it performs? how large of a lift do you have? i just purchased the td suspension 2" and was pondering the idea of the pan hard bar

I'm very satisfied with TD.

With a 2 inch lift, I'm not sure that you would need a panhard. I may be wrong.

They may have different versions of the panhard. the one I have is for a 4-6" lift, and its at max adjustment. im running OME j-springs, so you'll want to check with them to make sure you're getting the correct one for a 2" lift. The build quality is really very good.

When it comes time to replace the OME shocks I'm currently running, I'll likely replace them with TD.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions about your TD after you run them a while, too.

Don’t forget that our fellow mud member and forum vendor Trail Tailor aka @reevesci is a Tough Dog dealer and can probably be pretty beneficial on the customer service side.

I'm very satisfied with TD.

With a 2 inch lift, I'm not sure that you would need a panhard. I may be wrong.

They may have different versions of the panhard. the one I have is for a 4-6" lift, and its at max adjustment. im running OME j-springs, so you'll want to check with them to make sure you're getting the correct one for a 2" lift. The build quality is really very good.

When it comes time to replace the OME shocks I'm currently running, I'll likely replace them with TD.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions about your TD after you run them a while, too.

Pics???

Hope this isn't redundant, or old news to folks on this thread, but there's some good stuff (including pics) here:
Trail Tailor Foam Cell Shocks Review
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/trail-tailor-foam-cell-shocks-review.1041195/#post-11480696
...and here:
TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tough-dog-suspensions-and-tour-flex-springs.953298/
I recently installed the Trail Tailor/Tough Dog progressive/tapered 3" TourFlex kit, with 41 mm standard front shocks, 45 mm 9-stage rear shocks, 9-stage adjustable steering stabilizer, F&R panhards, and the other misc small stuff needed for such lifts. I didn't want expensive maintenance-intensive shocks, didn't want the rig too high, but did want space for 37's. This setup has fit the bill handily, and it is FAR more fun than I thought it would be. Still breaking it in, but all indications, both on and off the pavement, are stellar. It's just a blast to drive.

Jason (@reevesci) has been great to work with. Very straight shooter, didn't try to oversell (actually talked me down from a few things), and made lots of time for all my silly questions.

I just installed front and rear panhard bars, today. They both fit well. Nice to have a little adjustment.

IMG_20180222_161903_844.jpg

IMG_20180222_133603_186.jpg

Glad to hear Tough Dog took care of your issue, @AaKnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom