HVAC stinks like dog (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I ran a quick search, came up with dick squat. When I turn on the climate control, it reeks of dog. While I like dags, I don’t like the smell in my car.

Any suggestions on how to remedy my FJ80’s ailment?

Move away from California....... Actually please stay there. I know there are detail companies that specialize in cleaning hvac venting. I would suggest looking into something along those lines.

Drain tube for hvac that exits the vehicle is clogged. It needs cleared and the above mentioned cleaning. Lots of nasty stuff hides out in the intake grill hood level too.

Drain tube for hvac that exits the vehicle is clogged. It needs cleared and the above mentioned cleaning. Lots of nasty stuff hides out in the intake grill hood level too.
Definitely make sure that's clear. Also sunroof dains and make sure the roof racks are not leaking too

I’m stuck in CA. You’re safe from my conservative voting, and family values. But the Californians that are moving to your state will probably vote to turn you’re state into another CA utopia.

Thanks for the tip.
Well, it was a 50/50 chance. lol
Can't be too careful.
Or too conservative.

Im more of a DIY guy. I saw some spray for the evaporator you can spray to clean it. If that doesn’t work after cleaning the intake ports I’ll pay someone to do what I can’t. Or if all else fails, il get the kids a Malamute.

Im more of a DIY guy. I saw some spray for the evaporator you can spray to clean it. If that doesn’t work after cleaning the intake ports I’ll pay someone to do what I can’t. Or if all else fails, il get the kids a Malamute.
Are you sure it's in the duct work not much of anything to stay in or wet really only the ac box . Carpet would be my concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom