Favorite camp luxury (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have always cooked over an open fire while camping. Several years ago it seemed like everywhere we went their was a burn ban. No open fires, no charcoal = no good. I have had a small camp stove for a long time and use it nearly every outing but wanted a little more variety. Found the CampChief camp oven and man is it a luxury. Ever had fresh from the oven ToleHouse Cookies at 9000' on Medano Pass behind the Great Sanddunes? Home made biscuits and gravy without a camp fire and easily done also.

tiny-house-appliances-range-ovens-camp-chef-279x300.png

The way my life has been the past three years camping is a luxury all by itself. Right now a cold can of bienie wienie anywhere 50 miles from black top would be luxury living.

amen.

The way my life has been the past three years camping is a luxury all by itself. Right now a cold can of bienie wienie anywhere 50 miles from black top would be luxury living.

I liked that even though I ate Beans and Franks for three months in Saudi Arabia, I hate them now but I get the idea.

I would say a cheap hooker is a nice luxury to have around as well as a paper towel holder.

......anywhere 50 miles from black top would be luxury living.
s***, I bet there isn't any public land in NC where you could be even 25 miles from pavement.

I only camp out of the vehicle so I'm usually not too hard pressed to have to decide on bringing a luxury. Maybe that's my luxury? Hell, half of what I bring usually never gets used. I have a feeling the new fridge will be the luxury this year. Last year it was the REI insulated sleep pad but it quickly became a requirement instead of a luxury. Couldn't ever catch a Megamat on clearance.

In summer, especially in the 40, it's probably the small USB fan, long-ass cable and battery pack. Works in the tent AND the truck.

3CD5FC68-4F7C-416D-BEB4-4B8F156FCC99.jpeg
8E18CA83-F4BF-4E08-975A-56D095EFB660.jpeg
I just love this little stove.

View attachment 1615053
Nice, I’ve camped there for a lot of years. I have to say my skottle is pretty high on the list, but my 3” paco pad may be at the top. I can use it on a gravel bar river camping or in the back of my rig , it’s got me spoiled. and my golden retriever is my campin buddy

Last edited:
[ATView attachment 1617218 Nice, I’ve camped there for a lot of years. I have to say my skottle is pretty high on the list, but my 3” paco pad may be at the top. I can use it on a gravel bar river camping or in the back of my rig , it’s got me spoiled. and my golden retriever is my campin buddy

I recognize that spot but can't place it.

I have always cooked over an open fire while camping. Several years ago it seemed like everywhere we went their was a burn ban. No open fires, no charcoal = no good. I have had a small camp stove for a long time and use it nearly every outing but wanted a little more variety. Found the CampChief camp oven and man is it a luxury. Ever had fresh from the oven ToleHouse Cookies at 9000' on Medano Pass behind the Great Sanddunes? Home made biscuits and gravy without a camp fire and easily done also.
HUGE baked potatoes loaded with the works would be great to make camping.
I prefer to cook them in a Crockpot for eight hours on low, but cannot do that when camping.

s***, I bet there isn't any public land in NC where you could be even 25 miles from pavement.
That is one of the things that keeps me in Nevada.

This is a luxury but one I won't be without again.
I spent two nights in it this past weekend and woke up with as little pain as I can recall while camping.
Maybe it's not a concern for you young'uns but that's a big deal for some of us.

51GmcJKNARL._SX355_.jpg

Lawson blueridge camping hammock.
Also has a pretty tight rain fly.

having a nice French press for coffee, that's an essential especially on the distance boat races. got to have hot coffee after coming off watch at 3 am and its pouring rain

Y’all are correct... dogs are mandatory.

I guess I really don’t carry a true luxury.

... except audiobooks on my iPhone and a cheap Bluetooth-enabled watch cap, in winter... with built-in speakers over the ears.

There are many to chose from... this is one

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphone-Activities-Christmas/dp/B0778SF8SP

Warm bald head and a good book that I can comfortably listen to quietly, so I don’t disturb my friend... priceless!!

Something I never knew I needed!

Can you hear it on the highway too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom