Favorite camp luxury (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

also a variation of this type of USB fan.
http://amzn.to/2DuLokM
I went with the cheapest version available. check ebay for cheaper alternatives.
works great to keep the air moving inside the tent on warm nights

Uh? What? A USB fan? Go to Amazon. Add to wish list.

Red LED's on the trailgate &
headlamp
Soooooo gentle on the eyes...
20171229_182248~2.jpg

20180101_183804~2.jpg

Red LED's on the trailgate &
headlamp. Soooooo gentle on the eyes...

The biggest advantage to red LEDs? They don't attract bugs.

Y’all are correct... dogs are mandatory.

I guess I really don’t carry a true luxury.

... except audiobooks on my iPhone and a cheap Bluetooth-enabled watch cap, in winter... with built-in speakers over the ears.

There are many to chose from... this is one

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphone-Activities-Christmas/dp/B0778SF8SP

Warm bald head and a good book that I can comfortably listen to quietly, so I don’t disturb my friend... priceless!!
For $10, that looks worth trying out.

As I get older, the line between the terms luxury and necessity blurs:

Recently upgraded from air mattress to Thermorest Mondoking sleeping pad
Aeropress for coffee tastes better and is easy cleanup when travelling
ARB fridge has changed camping/roadtrips forever

For me there are lots of luxury items I could say. My RTT, old coleman stove, fridge, etc. The only real luxury item I have found was my Spot GPS. I hunt out places to camp without cell service and to keep my wife at ease (she is not a camper and does not come) I have my Spot GPS to send her a message ever 18- 24 hours (I have to manually push a button).

For me there are lots of luxury items I could say. My RTT, old coleman stove, fridge, etc. The only real luxury item I have found was my Spot GPS. I hunt out places to camp without cell service and to keep my wife at ease (she is not a camper and does not come) I have my Spot GPS to send her a message ever 18- 24 hours (I have to manually push a button).

These satellite messengers are pretty fantastic. I have one of the Garmins and I am surprised at just how well it works. I wish that there was a pay as you go plan, but I will pay the ~$150 a year for this. They are essentially an insurance policy. Especially if I was to get injured and/or need rescue.

These satellite messengers are pretty fantastic. I have one of the Garmins and I am surprised at just how well it works. I wish that there was a pay as you go plan, but I will pay the ~$150 a year for this. They are essentially an insurance policy. Especially if I was to get injured and/or need rescue.

Look into the Freedom Plan for your inReach. ~$25/year, then pay only for the months you actually use it. What it comes down to is how much you use it. Mine gets used about 2 times a year at $35/mo. So what, $95/year for unlimited tracking and 40 texts. Obviously, it's also going to depend on how much tracking and messages you want.

Look into the Freedom Plan for your inReach. ~$25/year, then pay only for the months you actually use it. What it comes down to is how much you use it. Mine gets used about 2 times a year at $35/mo. So what, $95/year for unlimited tracking and 40 texts. Obviously, it's also going to depend on how much tracking and messages you want.
Thanks I will. I use it more in the summer than the winter. I hope to use it even more in 2019.

That makes a lot of sense. I will check it out. Thanks for the feedback

Not a luxury.

I've added some luxury items in the past couple years. The fridge is my favorite. No more ice / drowned food. Easily cool down some extra "drinks" you took warm. Nice.

The second thing we added this year is the RTT. That mattress vs. my old air mattress. Need I say more? I ain't as young as I used to be.

And the third thing I take are a couple of strings of battery powered LED lights to string up around camp and on the cruiser just for the hell of it.

For me, it depends on the type of trip I'm taking.

If it's hiking, my little Alite monarch chair is nice. Last summer in camp I had to institute time limits on it, it was popular.
On 'Cruiser excursions, the maggiolina is beyond luxury.

The inreach goes either way, I'm often out on my own. Another item I always take is a thin down shirt. Takes no space and provides instant warmth.

the quiet amicable conversation of good friends as the only man made sound in the still of the night counterpointed by the crackle of the camp fire.

and the lonely call of a Loon across the lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom