Anyone tried Xenopro LED headlights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine just came with the bulbs and that was it. Nothing else. You can't see me right now but I'm shaking the box to see if something falls out.

There wasn't a 2012 model year - not here anyway - but the 2008-2011 does show HB11 as lows.

If he is driving a 2009 then his bulbs should have worked - not sure why he can't get his bulbs to lock into the sockets.

Hmmm... That sounds like it might have been a returned set...if it came with NOTHING else. There definitely should have been a bag with extra O-rings in there. Wonder if you got someone's set they returned to the vendor...?

I order a lot of stuff from Amazon Japan and for anyone looking you can get the IPF 301HLB off there for $117 shipped...its ships directly from amazon.co.jp so no need to worry about it, usually my stuff comes within 10 days.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/IPF-ヘッドライト-LED-6500K-301HLB/dp/B00SQL33G8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1513186626&sr=8-4&keywords=ipf+led

51-AdgsV-3L.jpg

They also have the high beam for $150 shipped:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/IPF-ヘッドライト...e=UTF8&qid=1513187135&sr=1-2&keywords=351HLB2

Below the search bar where is says JP with the globe logo you can switch the language to English (EN).

No that is not the correct link. The correct link is:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/IPF-ヘッドライト-LED-6500K-301HLB/dp/B00SQL33G8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513188509&sr=8-1&keywords=ipf+301hlb

Or you can do a search for "IPF 301hlb"

The link you posted is for the 301hlb2 which is the newer model and not even available in the USA, they claim the updated model LED is the same length as the halogen filament so it has better light distribution.

This picture shows 301hlb - halogen - 301hlb2 you can see the LED is longer:

hlb2_01.jpg

The new 301hlb2 is also brighter 5000 Lumen compared to 3600 Lumen.

Top - Halogen
Middle - 301hlb
Bottom - 301hlb2

hlb2_13.jpg

hlb2_14.jpg

You can translate all this info from IPFs Japan website: ///IPF LED HEAD LAMP X2 series

Last edited:
My verdict on these: I ordered ARB HLB311 H11 bulbs from Cruiser Outfitters back in September. Yeah, I could get them cheaper, but I wanted to support a MUD vendor. $193 shipped.

Pros: love the light. So much better than the original halogens. Pattern is very even and bright, but not "glarey".
low beams stay on with with high beams now. Lots more light! More is better!

Cons: No heat, so like yesterday when driving through snow/ice with them on, the headlights got crusted over. Had to stop and chip them clean at one point. The headlight washers were NO help at all. Maybe it was a function of very low temps (mid-20s) and freezing rain, not sure if even the halogen bulbs would have stayed clear.

Well not nothing... there was extra crap in there. There was the manual, probably a sticker, and I believe a wrench - but no gaskets or rings for sure.

It didn't look like an open box.. Sticker was not broken, box was perfect, no tares, or signs of previous tape being pealed. I tend notice things like that. Amazon sends "new" returned stuff all the time... On my 2015 I didn't need any adjustment - they popped right in and locked into the high beam spot. Perhaps they made a packaging/hardware revision and they stopped including some things. Or some dingus forgot at the factory. But I wouldn't be shocked if it was open item - the place I ordered it from had the worst customer service. Albeit the box came direct from an ARB warehouse. But ya know how everything is made these days - quick and cheap.

If you got the wrench then you should've gotten the o-rings. They come in a SEALED plastic bag together with the wrench. Maybe you didn't look hard enough?

deleted

Last edited:
My verdict on these: I ordered ARB HLB311 H11 bulbs from Cruiser Outfitters back in September. Yeah, I could get them cheaper, but I wanted to support a MUD vendor. $193 shipped.

Pros: love the light. So much better than the original halogens. Pattern is very even and bright, but not "glarey".
low beams stay on with with high beams now. Lots more light! More is better!

Cons: No heat, so like yesterday when driving through snow/ice with them on, the headlights got crusted over. Had to stop and chip them clean at one point. The headlight washers were NO help at all. Maybe it was a function of very low temps (mid-20s) and freezing rain, not sure if even the halogen bulbs would have stayed clear.

Maybe I'm completely wrong...but that doesn't seem feasible.

Are you suggesting that your standard bulbs produced enough heat across the entire surface of the plastic headlight housing to counteract the massive onslaught of snow and wind-chill at highways speeds? It's hard to melt snow even in a pot on a stove. Takes a lot of time, and that's without 60 MPH wind and new snow hitting it. Surely a headlight bulb THAT hot would melt its own housing in all other conditions.
I just don't see how that would work.

Maybe initially it could have built up a bit of warmth, but in my little pea-brain...with highway wind and snow hitting you, any bulb's heat production would be quickly overwhelmed...halogen or otherwise.

On that same thought...
-If headlight housings rely on halogens burning that hot...how would one explain the zillion cars that come with LEDs tucked behind THICK lenses...which are also tucked behind another clear housing in front of the LED lens?

I have a hard time believing it ever really worked very well that way.

Would make for an interesting test in the field. Put one standard bulb and one LED. Drive through a snowstorm for 30 minutes or so and pull over. How do they compare?

Anyway... Maybe someone smarter than me can set me straight. ;)

Last edited:
I do. If you check earlier in this thread I posted a photo of one of them. I did a size comparison and a rudimentary comparison of the beam pattern between IPF and another brand. But on the rings you kept persisting. All I can think of is I offended you in some way. If I did something to offend you I apologize. My intent wasn't to. Let's just drop it.

I'm being a jerk? You said you were shaking your box and nothing else was inside except for the bulbs, then you changed your story and said it came with the stuff that I said came wth mine. Tell me, do you even have the bulbs?

@Markuson

The problem here is I have no experience with THIS truck in snow/ice weather, I just got it in May. But, I can tell you that this was never an issue with the 55/100 W H4 halogens I had in my pickup (in Hella E-code housings, glass lens), and I don't recall it ever happening to our Highlander which has stock halogens in factory housings.

Again, maybe it was just a "perfect storm" of cold weather and precipitation that caused the headlights to ice over yesterday. I'm not willing to start swapping bulbs yet. I'll give it a few more opportunities to redeem itself. I really do like the LED bulbs!

Nothing could be worse than the rental Budget truck I drove through a raging storm about 10 years ago, across PA. It had a GMC van nose on it, the headlights were prefect buckets that captured snow amazingly well. Had to stop every 5-10 miles to clean them out. Eventually we gave up and found a hotel with a warm bar and lots of cold beers.

@Markuson

The problem here is I have no experience with THIS truck in snow/ice weather, I just got it in May. But, I can tell you that this was never an issue with the 55/100 W H4 halogens I had in my pickup (in Hella E-code housings, glass lens), and I don't recall it ever happening to our Highlander which has stock halogens in factory housings.

Again, maybe it was just a "perfect storm" of cold weather and precipitation that caused the headlights to ice over yesterday. I'm not willing to start swapping bulbs yet. I'll give it a few more opportunities to redeem itself. I really do like the LED bulbs!

Nothing could be worse than the rental Budget truck I drove through a raging storm about 10 years ago, across PA. It had a GMC van nose on it, the headlights were prefect buckets that captured snow amazingly well. Had to stop every 5-10 miles to clean them out. Eventually we gave up and found a hotel with a warm bar and lots of cold beers.

Ya, just thinkin...
I remember my first and second cars having the same trouble, but those were long before LEDs or even HID's.
Snow caked on like crazy & would have to pull over occasionally.

Maybe someone in a winter wonderland (with time on their hands) could throw their old halogen back on to one headlight...

Even with freeze-resistant washer fluid, if its 20 degrees out, that would mean it's probably spraying colder-than-freezing liquid to try and clear ice. Seems like a losing battle at that point. I dunno... Might help for mud, but not sure what good frigid liquid is on ice.

Lets hear from more snow-land folk!

Rain-X your headlights. I would work in all but the worst conditions (described above).

Rain-X your headlights. I would work in all but the worst conditions (described above).

That's actually not a bad idea. I think I have a bottle of the stuff in my detailing supplies, maybe if I get the ambition to pull the truck into the warm shop at work so I can get a few coats applied and dried. I need to clean the windows and interior anyway. Some idiot dropped a cup of coffee onto the center console the other day, which erupted all over the place, all up the center stack and nav screen... I was pretty pissed.

Especially since I was that idiot.

To jump on the headlight, ice issue.

Yes, Rain X for plastic is awesome at keeping headlight clean. Just be sure to use the for plastic version. Normal rain x deteriorates plastics, and cause the hazing faster. Just an FYI.

My bad, excellent point.
I had my lens polished and clean coated at a body shop after the started to haze.

This forum is supposed to be about providing useful information and helping eachother in the community. Misinformation and some arguments aren’t helpful. To that end I’ve cleared posts I made above that weren't helpful or constructive so others don’t have to wade through that stuff.

Last edited:
I ordered wrong fog bulb, should have ordered 9006 bulb for my 2009. About to order 301hlb2 for my fogs. It might be bad in fog but should give lots of light.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom