Baseline adjustments on a Trollhole carb ('77) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The spring in the middle of the first picture looks like it might be the throttle close spring, but it looks like there is no more retraction left in it, so you may have to adjust its length to get it to close all the way all the time.
When I pull up on throttle I cannot see any of the springs I can see move/actuate.

Sorry this is a crude diagram of what I think you need. I had the same exact problem when I first installed my TH carb. Red is a spring and green is a bracket that it secures to. This fixed the problem for me.

thCarb.jpg

That is a secondary spring. The primary spring pulls horizontally on the little arm that sticks out from main throttle shaft.

I just received the return spring from Marshal but I'm having trouble on just where to attach it. Does any one have a pic of a trolhole carb with the throttle return spring attached that I can look at?

As I said before, you are missing the bracket that bolts to the base of the carb that the other end of the spring attaches to. It is represented by the green line in the diagram that Scott posted above. It is not part of the carb, it is part of the linkage. It is part number 66 on page 42 of the Specter Off Road catalog.

Last edited:
As I said before, you are missing the bracket that bolts to the base of the carb that the other end of the spring attaches to. It is represented by the green line in the diagram that Scott posted above. It is not part of the carb, it is part of the linkage. It is page number 66 on page 42 of the Specter Off Road catalog.
I asked marshal about this and he said there is not one. So I'm a little bit irritated right now. I specifically asked him.
I even had him look at the pictures I posted. I guess I'll just have to fab up my own bracket.
@Trollhole

Last edited:
If you replaced an OEM Aisan carb, you should still have the bracket. If you had some other carb, then maybe the P.O. threw it away.

If you replaced an OEM Aisan carb, you should still have the bracket. If you had some other carb, then maybe the P.O. threw it away.
The bracket is from the original carb. Mine is slightly different since it isn’t cable actuated but looks like could be used either way. Trollhole carb btw.

View attachment 1591257 View attachment 1591258
I will look and see if I can find that bracket from old carb. I don’t remember having one. I do have the original carb in my spare parts storage. Hope it’s there. Thank you.

btbuild- I snapped a few photo’s of an Aisan bracket. I think this would be simple to make. Pretty sure it’s a 10/69-72ish Japanese bracket. Carb pictured is an Aisan 4 I 26.;) You guys do know 65swb45 has an obscene collection of Japanese carbs right? You know...if you ever want to ditch your chinese knock off’s for a musem quality, raw power producing Aisan:steer: Mark might even throw in a bracket:beer:
1BFB2278-A190-4659-880D-2E9D91F999AF.jpeg

DDA3A964-5366-41F6-9FE1-9CE94F51041E.jpeg

DA89B505-35D6-4D72-BEDA-86194FA18A5F.jpeg

EE804E99-9FBE-4F7A-A401-EF866FC17721.jpeg

1415BCEF-AEA6-4A66-B182-1D298BCB3EF0.jpeg

Finally got around to making a return spring bracket for my trollhole carb. It’s not super clean but does the job. I did notice on my long drive yesterday that when I was coming down from the mountain I was getting some popping out the tail pipe. I suppose I need to start eliminating culprits one by one.

1E77B668-4A43-48AC-8BBC-1DC79DBCFD31.jpeg

36B8E621-A2B4-4596-9CF8-61AA2B1F0919.jpeg

374064DF-3ADC-41A9-B18F-AFA01EB5EC60.jpeg

PN 057-40AR, from my Specials Page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom