YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All orders placed prior to Sept 30 have shipped! Tracking is updated, but the postal workers had trouble with the recent shipment and missed a couple tracking numbers. Rest assured, if you ordered prior to 9-30, yours is on the way (except for Sean - waiting for updated plastics).

Sweet! Thanks @suprarx7nut !

60A16B54-B16C-43B0-8AF6-3D46AE3218D2.jpeg

Placed my order in BLUE.... can't wait!!

My current FOB is about to bust open... ugh.

suprarx7nut, like an idiot I lost my allen wrench for my key fob and I need to replace the battery, can you tell me the size of the allen wrench.
thanks

Don, ah damn, that's annoying. it's 1.3mm. If you need one and can't find it locally, I can send one off in the mail. Let me know.
thanks. I'll check amazon first.

Should look into some limited edition full SLS Ti shells!

I have debated it. And it still may happen. However, pricing would probably be double to include a partial Ti sized insert. Also, the printing finish quality on the Ti and other metals is iffy. You can get weird porosity and unexpected geometry with small parts. I'll keep my eye out though!

Forecast3D does awesome work for us in the aerospace market and is capable of doing small batch stuff. I've had them print personal things.

Hi from Portugal

When will you have the 2 button available ? The blade in europe is not the same than in USA . Are they compatible ? Very interested . I will need 2 for my 1998 HDJ100 . Maybe a friend with another 100 will want your keys too ! Congratulations and a big thanks to solve this chronic problem .

Cheers !

Hi from Portugal

When will you have the 2 button available ? The blade in europe is not the same than in USA . Are they compatible ? Very interested . I will need 2 for my 1998 HDJ100 . Maybe a friend with another 100 will want your keys too ! Congratulations and a big thanks to solve this chronic problem .

Cheers !

Hello, the key in Europe appears to have the same dimensions as the Lexus key in the States. Both the Toyota and Lexus keys fit well from the US. The keys that flare out at the base (US Lexus and Euro Toyota) will have a very snug press fit. I expect the European market keys to work just the same as the US Lexus key. If a revised version is required I would provide that at no charge, but I expect every key blade to fit well as is. I got dimensions from a Norwegian member and I expect it to fit firmly, but without problem.

Two button parts will be ordered up today unless somebody replies with a serious objection to the design above. I'll post it up on the site soon!

Whats the turnaround time for black?

Black right now is in stock and ready. I actually have most everything in stock right now, so lead times will be better than 2 weeks for most items. If timing is crucial for you, we can confirm exact dates as needed, but I don't want to make any sweeping promises I can't keep for everyone. :)

Some "Premium" color options are coming soon. As a token of appreciation for everyone that's been supportive in these first couple of months, everyone who places an order before those new options are launched will be extended a discount on the newly released plastic options.

Happy Friday everyone!

The two-button design generally looks good. The edges of the lock/unlock symbols look very sharp, but I suppose they will be rounded on the finished product, just like on the 3-button version.

Nother issue is that I feel that the key ring attachment oughta be on the other side, kinda to the left instead of to the right. I haven't tried this key in hand, but I imagine that when holding the keyring in the right hand, you want the key with buttons angeled a bit to the left to make it easier to reach with your thumb. Any real-world experience out there to chime in on this issue?

The Norwegian national LC forum has rounded up a few owners ready to order when the 2-button product is ready.

The two-button design generally looks good. The edges of the lock/unlock symbols look very sharp, but I suppose they will be rounded on the finished product, just like on the 3-button version.

Nother issue is that I feel that the key ring attachment oughta be on the other side, kinda to the left instead of to the right. I haven't tried this key in hand, but I imagine that when holding the keyring in the right hand, you want the key with buttons angeled a bit to the left to make it easier to reach with your thumb. Any real-world experience out there to chime in on this issue?

The Norwegian national LC forum has rounded up a few owners ready to order when the 2-button product is ready.

Keyring side:

I started out two years ago thinking the exact same thing. I thought the keyring should be on the left side (if the key points away from you) to accommodate holding it in the right hand. However, that makes the lock/unlock finger movement forward and backward. It's actually quite awkward. If the keying is on the right side, moving from unlock to lock is side to side and much more comfortable and natural.

That's my take on it and is why I moved it to the right side in my initial launch of the original fob.

Anyone else have input? At this point, moving it would be a big pain (lots of CAD rework), so hopefully everyone agrees, haha.

Also: yes, the sharp corners will be rounded in the actual printed part. It looks very crisp on the zoomed in CAD file, but in reality they'll be pretty smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom