Builds Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great read! I can believe I've read all 12 pages, I have the tension span of a 3 minute pea..."oh look, a Squirrel."

I'm from the school of 'the stealth look', enjoyed your build, and have sub'd. Just for the shear joy of it!

Must admit your 200 series build/s a far more eye candy than the ones here in Oz. I'm getting some great plans/ideas for when I pull the trigger. Probably next year...wallet permitting.

Great read! I can believe I've read all 12 pages, I have the tension span of a 3 minute pea..."oh look, a Squirrel."

I'm from the school of 'the stealth look', enjoyed your build, and have sub'd. Just for the shear joy of it!

Must admit your 200 series build/s a far more eye candy than the ones here in Oz. I'm getting some great plans/ideas for when I pull the trigger. Probably next year...wallet permitting.

Right on, thanks for reading along!

Awesome to hear the trip was/is going well. Like I was told a long time ago: it's always great to go but it's always great to get back home too.

Congrats buddy, glad to hear everyone is back safe and sound. Can't wait to see the show later this year.

Congrats buddy, glad to hear everyone is back safe and sound. Can't wait to see the show later this year.

Me too! They will start premiering in September. We'll go back and do the second half during that time.

I know it's probably buried in the videos somewhere, but what bumpers were on the '16 200?

Getting my tunes on!

The lack of Bluetooth audio has been a bit annoying but nothing I couldn't live with. However when I saw this rocking thread I took mental note of something to consider. I ditched my iPod in favor of Google Play on my Android phone for my recent trip down to South America. We had about 6 weeks worth of driving to do and I wasn't going to suffer though someone else's music :D Google Play let's you streak audio as well as download for out of service use. Within an hour I had 1000+ songs headed my way and I was ready to jam. It worked perfect for the trip both in the car and in the tent with headphones, that way I didn't have to hear anyone complain about my snoring ;)

Fast forward to home and my old girl has Bluetooth capabilities to let me continue rocking the tunes but the 200 did not. Time to change that. I picked up the Vais SL3B and finally had a few spare minutes tonight to install. I was in and out in under an hour, enjoying my Google Play audio as I reassembled. :cool:

20170814_223610.jpg

The big question is, how about a copy of that GPX/KMZ?

Each color represents a segment which would be easily emailed. Is there any of particular interest? That is my random Utah exploring starting from Feb til current. Happy to share.

Each color represents a segment which would be easily emailed. Is there any of particular interest? That is my random Utah exploring starting from Feb til current. Happy to share.

Ah, yeah I'm looking for some trails in he dark sky west to check out for telescoping.

How about the purple loop and red loop? Is that blm land for camping?

The red loop is the Silver Island Mountain range north of I80/Wendover, it would ne perfect for star viewing. That area has very little light pollution at the north end and amazing desert views during he day. I'd be happy to Email? it.

What neck of he woods are you in?

The red loop is the Silver Island Mountain range north of I80/Wendover, it would ne perfect for star viewing. That area has very little light pollution at the north end and amazing desert views during he day. I'd be happy to Email? it.

What neck of he woods are you in?

North Salt Lake. I might swing by your BBQ if I finish up my busy work that day.

Email works
anthoni.pardini at gmail.com

Thanks!

North Salt Lake. I might swing by your BBQ if I finish up my busy work that day.

Email works
anthoni.pardini at gmail.com

Thanks!

Email sent with the track file and some links to the area

I'll definitely be interested to see what you end up going with as I would like to head down this road sooner than later.

Where did you end up mounting the main radio? Under a seat or back by the drawers?

I did it identical to my 100, mounted on the forward facing side of the rear drawers.

I'll likely do a simple NMO hood mount for the antenna.

I did it identical to my 100, mounted on the forward facing side of the rear drawers.

I'll likely do a simple NMO hood mount for the antenna.

I've been pleased with how well that's worked for me using the hood mount from Gamiviti (which may have required a bit of modification to work.

Getting my tunes on!

The lack of Bluetooth audio has been a bit annoying but nothing I couldn't live with. However when I saw this rocking thread I took mental note of something to consider. I ditched my iPod in favor of Google Play on my Android phone for my recent trip down to South America. We had about 6 weeks worth of driving to do and I wasn't going to suffer though someone else's music :D Google Play let's you streak audio as well as download for out of service use. Within an hour I had 1000+ songs headed my way and I was ready to jam. It worked perfect for the trip both in the car and in the tent with headphones, that way I didn't have to hear anyone complain about my snoring ;)

Fast forward to home and my old girl has Bluetooth capabilities to let me continue rocking the tunes but the 200 did not. Time to change that. I picked up the Vais SL3B and finally had a few spare minutes tonight to install. I was in and out in under an hour, enjoying my Google Play audio as I reassembled. :cool:

Couple questions about your tablet/HAM setup. What mounting system did you use? Also what navigation app is that on the tablet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom