Dash Recall GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been on the list to have mine replaced since sept 16. When I called local dealership they acted like they may never actually get around to replacing the dashes

I have been on the list to have mine replaced since sept 16. When I called local dealership they acted like they may never actually get around to replacing the dashes

My local dealership is fairly useless. I have had the same experience as you. It is making me wonder if a message to corporate would be worth the effort.

I had a deal fall through so I may go look at that 05 with 150K on it. Might stop by the dealership to see what's up with their current situation. I told myself no more 150K trucks but the GX470 is tempting

GX are a tremendous value great power and narrower off-road than fullsize land cruiser. Better build quality than a 4runner

Has anyone had success with a dash replacement? I've been patient since selling my 100 series in April, waiting for a regular cab Tundra to pop up to no avail here, but there's an '05 GX470 with 150K on it, timing belt/water pump done at 98K, interior and exterior look decent, it's for sale at $9K...but the dash is cracked all to hell on the passenger side. I never got anyone from a dealer to call me back in May. Maybe the recall is over, not sure, but I've heard good things about the GXs.

Has anyone had success with a dash replacement? I've been patient since selling my 100 series in April, waiting for a regular cab Tundra to pop up to no avail here, but there's an '05 GX470 with 150K on it, timing belt/water pump done at 98K, interior and exterior look decent, it's for sale at $9K...but the dash is cracked all to hell on the passenger side. I never got anyone from a dealer to call me back in May. Maybe the recall is over, not sure, but I've heard good things about the GXs.

It was technically a warranty enhancement, not a recall - and yes, it's over as of May 31st, 2017. You may be able to still get a dash replacement if the GX is less than 10 years old, but an 05 is definitely not getting done (for free) now.

The dash was replaced on my 05 a couple of months ago.

Dealer called this week to tell me my dash has finally arrived and I drop it off in two weeks. Very unexpected because I thought they had blown me off. I have a Panavise dash mount, should I take it out before dropping it off or do you think they will put it back like they found it?

Take off anything aftermarket

Mine is at the dealershipe right now and I have a loaner since its going to tale them time. I got on the list back in Feb and it was delivered to Chandler Lexus (Arizona). I moved to SoCal recently and Chandler Lexus was nice enough to ship it to my near by lexus (Newport Lexus) and Newport was kind enough to accept delivery of my dash and install. Although I paid for the shipping from Chandler to Newport ($120)

Had mine done recently, and got to drive around in a brand new GX with only 6k on the odometer for a weekend while they finished the installation. As crazy as this will sound, and as nice as the new vehicles are, I actually prefer my old one! If only I could get my back glass to pop open like it does on the new vehicles!

I drove around the RX for my loaner since this is what the :princess: has been eyeing ever since I got my GX. But I couldn't stand the gas peddle and throttle response. Probably the first drive by wire car I have ever driven and I am sure the gas peddle being mounted to the floor is the whole Prius floor mat catastrophe for Toyota.

I have driven a few vehicles that are set up like that, I think you can "hack/tune" the pedal to be more responsive. I figured it was yet another sensor to fail at the worst possible moment. I was drooling over an RC-F while waiting on them to get me checked in, I wouldn't have minded roaming around in one of those! Of course, getting the kid into the back seat might have been a chore.

The GX 470 is "drive by wire". It has a position sensor at the pedal that sends a signal through the ECM to an actuator at the throttle body. There is no mechanical connection between the throttle pedal and the throttle body.

I have been waiting for 16 months, currently # 19 on list, hopefully happen in the next couple months.

The GX 470 is "drive by wire". It has a position sensor at the pedal that sends a signal through the ECM to an actuator at the throttle body. There is no mechanical connection between the throttle pedal and the throttle body.
Really never new that. Well I guess the gas pedal being attached to the floor just makes for a $h!tty feel on the RX (IMO).

I have been waiting for 16 months, currently # 19 on list, hopefully happen in the next couple months.

I waited about 15 - 16 months for mine and just got it last week. As long as you are on the list your time will come. :cheers:

Has anyone had any issues with getting dropped off the list? The GX I just bought has a cracked dash and the guy I bought it from assured me it was on the local dealers list. He had notes about the recall and his phone call to the dealer along with all service records so I believed him. He even knew the name of the local "list master". This week when I called the dealer they had no record of the GX on their list. It seemed weird to me that someone would have every service since 2004 done at the same dealer and then not have the dash recall done for free. When I spoke to the dealer they said the wait list was over 3 years and they would not even consider doing it. I spoke with Lexus customer service and they are opening a case but I doubt that gets anywhere since my local dealer isn't being helpful.

The first Lexus dealer that I went to gave me the run around. First, the service guy confirmed that my dashboard was cracked, but said that he would call me when the dashboard came in. I told him that I wanted it in writing and I wanted an invoice to show that I was in line to get a replacement. He said I was in the system.

I didn't feel comfortable with his response. I was there getting warranty service on the Lexus battery. When the car was done, I asked again about the invoice not saying that I was in line. He said not to worry, so I went looking for the service manager. He looked at my invoice and called the service guy to let him know that he needs to put me in the system in order to be in the waiting list. They gave me an invoice that wasn't clear I was in line for a dashboard.

I wasn't happy about that run around, so I went to another Lexus dealer. The service guy was really helpful. He confirmed that I was at the first Lexus dealer's waiting list, but I told him I didn't like that dealer and I wasn't going to go back there. I asked to be put on the list at the second Lexus dealer. He said no problem, but the dashboards were about a year behind schedule. This was in May 2017.

Two months later I got a call and my dashboard was replaced in July 2017. I have a 2003 Lexus GX470 with navigation system and my dashboard is black. It looks nice. I'm glad I was persistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom