How are people mounting electrical accessories to the quarter panel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
I ran out of room in the plastic box thingie. Do you all have typical ways you're mounting things like inverters and amps and relays and fuse panels? Looking for inspiration

Here are protos of the Birch inserts
IMG_2759.JPG

Birch birch birch that's all you do @NLXTACY , do you get wood from it :flipoff2:.

On a serious note if i didn't spend all my lunch money on a swap I'd buy some of his goodies :hillbilly:

Adhesive backed Velcro. Save yourself $300.00
I've tried several types with no success over the years. Once the summer heat kicks in the adhesive gets soft.

Magnets?

It's an SUV. It doesn't really have a trunc.

o_O

My registration has it listed as a station wagon. :D.

Like the idea. Would need a removable panel at the bottom to access my power (bulkhead connections). And some mounting option for a first aid box/bag above tire hump.

Also a shelf at the bottom over tire hump, a shelf that will fold down and support a ARB fridge, with a pull out. Then folds up out of the way. Been going to build this for a couple years, looks like you almost got it built for me.

I like you style Nlxtacy.

I recommend using a mounting solution like @NLXTACY has developed. Using a plate where you can securely mount your electrical kit is important.. I don't want to risk having velcro detach and send some terminals onto the metal interior of the truck..

Joey's solution was not available when I did mine, so I had to go about bending my own bracket. The Wits' end product gives you more room for mounting.

Here is mine that I had to fabricate.

86A3581D-80FC-4FBD-9801-75D16EC33177_zpsrkpmuntn.jpg

CDF4B3B6-DD55-4D82-917A-89E5BD686A29_zpsrjckksz5.jpg

Cheers,

John

Last edited:
I've tried several types with no success over the years. Once the summer heat kicks in the adhesive gets soft.

Have you tried the stuff in the sewing department at Walmart? Works great here in the desert. It holds many CBs in place and it holds my laptop for 4-5 years, mounted vertically for GPS.

Have you tried the stuff in the sewing department at Walmart? Works great here in the desert. It holds many CBs in place and it holds my laptop for 4-5 years, mounted vertically for GPS.
I have tried the stuff form HD and Lowes. It does okay. At the moment I am using it to hold my iPod up to my carpet console in the 40. Works great until I attemp to remove it. The Velcro says and the iPod comes off due to soft glue. I have tried Velcro from the sewing section and then attaching 3M tape but that failed as well. Same issue with the Velcro defeating the strength of the glue.
As for Walmart I haven't entered one in years but that's a topic for another day. ;)

I made a fairly simple backing board using 1/8" x 1/2" aluminum strap that I bent and bolted in place to hold a sheet of plywood (or ABS). It's the economy version of @NLXTACY's setup I made a few years ago.
upload_2017-7-25_15-14-4.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_15-14-50.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom