Cargo Accessory Mounting Panel (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been working on it still in between family stuff and my day job, dont have everything printed yet and the prints on this version are rough but making some movement

20240116_125429.jpg

Thats cool.

Is the honeycomb panel just to test fit for a ply panel?
You gonna add screw holes in it?
I havent decided yet which way I want to go, I personally really like the honey comb look and it allows for alot of options for mounting but a plywood panel or something of the like would probably be easier to get in such a large size, I have some thin fiber board i am going to make a cut out template with just havent done it yet, to cold outside

Looking forward to this!

I havent decided yet which way I want to go, I personally really like the honey comb look and it allows for alot of options for mounting but a plywood panel or something of the like would probably be easier to get in such a large size, I have some thin fiber board i am going to make a cut out template with just havent done it yet, to cold outside
Honeycomb is cool because it would allow for moving and remounting without have screw holes. Like if someone changed inverters, moved a plug location, etc.

Honeycomb is cool because it would allow for moving and remounting without have screw holes. Like if someone changed inverters, moved a plug location, etc.
that was my thought on the project, make it easy to change without needing re drill holes or cover them up in the future, I have a good chunk of the hex pattern designed up and cut down to be 3d printable on smaller printers just been working on getting the angles right for the mounts and make the honeycomb stronger/modular for different options... like a sub mount lol

I just got my 3D Printer on Thursday and was looking at the Multiboard.io. Since I'm new to 3d Printing, is this best printed on PETG? ABS? Hopefully one of those will be strong enough and heat resistant enough.

I just got my 3D Printer on Thursday and was looking at the Multiboard.io. Since I'm new to 3d Printing, is this best printed on PETG? ABS? Hopefully one of those will be strong enough and heat resistant enough.
Most of the stuff I print foe car use is petg, for test fitting/prototyping I use pla because I can print it fast and cheap.
Not sure about the strength yet on the multiboard, the creator says it can handle like 40lbs but I want to get the mounting figured out then try to hang weight off of it off roading.
I will also say I have a large format printer that printed the right hand section as one piece that I hope will make it stronger when mounted.

I finished modeling the part and sent the draft over to @Wompom this morning to review.
I'm not sure on his timeline but I think we're getting closer towards making this available.
Thanks to @CJK for doing the brunt of the work here. I have the file and will start going through it. When I get back to WA I plan to review/make any edits and do a test panel on my plasma table. Will follow up on that later. Currently out of state dealing with some family stuff.

Thanks to @CJK for doing the brunt of the work here. I have the file and will start going through it. When I get back to WA I plan to review/make any edits and do a test panel on my plasma table. Will follow up on that later. Currently out of state dealing with some family stuff.
How big of a table does it look like it will fit on? I have a 3x3 table myself and curious if it would fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom