Cargo Accessory Mounting Panel (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How big of a table does it look like it will fit on? I have a 3x3 table myself and curious if it would fit
I don't have my CAD machine with me unfortunately. I have a 5x5', but my press brake is only a 16" opening. I'm going to see what I can do to make it work with my setup or my 20T press and press dies due to the length of the part. Splitting it into a few vertical sections may also be an option with a stitch weld after.

I don't have my CAD machine with me unfortunately. I have a 5x5', but my press brake is only a 16" opening. I'm going to see what I can do to make it work with my setup or my 20T press and press dies due to the length of the part. Splitting it into a few vertical sections may also be an option with a stitch weld after.
Gotcha, a press brake is on my wish list items right now but i have a buddy with a metal work shop i couls probably talk into cutting and bending for me

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. @CJK do you want to take any measurements from an old QPM? I have mine pulled out right now. Looks like we're neighbors.

Did SendCutSend ever get back to you with the manual quote?

I just came a long to be sure you name it CAMP (Cargo Accessory Mounting Panel) because that sounds a lot cooler than QPM.

I do think this is fascinating though because there is a lot of space there to play with.

I am going to try to do this using a plastic corrugated pad - the kind used on pallets. The company next to mine throws them away all of the time; they're plenty big enough, and they're pretty damn strong.....

PXL_20240320_171757179.MP.jpg

Wonder if that would thermo form.. 🤔 3d print a back plate and heat the plastic/weigh it down.
Right now, I only have a couple of 2x4s under the air compressor - I'd like to move my MPPT controller to there from under the hood...

Funny enough, no. But Xometry did. $565 and 3 week turnaround. I'm still traveling and haven't been able to continue working on the file @CJK started.

This is kinda why earlier I suggested designing the brackets to be machined from thin extruded 6061 flatbar because short run sheetmetal is a ton of labor. $565 is literally $250 setup labor, $250 xometries cut, $20 to make the part, $5 in materials and $40 shipping.

This is kinda why earlier I suggested designing the brackets to be machined from thin extruded 6061 flatbar because short run sheetmetal is a ton of labor. $565 is literally $250 setup labor, $250 xometries cut, $20 to make the part, $5 in materials and $40 shipping.
Yeah, but some of us can build it like this at home.. 🤷‍♂️
I work in manuf/engineering of stuff like this for a living so not out of my wheelhouse.
Still some design stuff to do and try and optimize. The idea of checking sendcutsend is that way anyone with the file could just upload and buy one.
Also, I bet that price comes WAY down per unit if you do 5-10 at a time.

I just came a long to be sure you name it CAMP (Cargo Accessory Mounting Panel) because that sounds a lot cooler than QPM.

I do think this is fascinating though because there is a lot of space there to play with.
My first “win” for product branding 🤣

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. @CJK do you want to take any measurements from an old QPM? I have mine pulled out right now. Looks like we're neighbors.
Hey Neighbor!

Yeah, I’m hoping it turns out well for folks.

Stumbled upon this thread via a "Wits End" post about their site being down...

I'm SUPER interested in this and will be following!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom