Cabin air filter conversion - LC100 to LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Confirmed to work. Parts as shown and suggested by hoser. Interesting: check the pic of the covers side by side. They have the same Denso parts number stamped on the inside! Go figure.

Filters are ordered now too. I forget the p/n, it's in the LX470 filter DIY thread.

YMMV. Ordering by VIN or by model year was useless. These covers are all over the place, as is proven by the diagrams, some with slot, some without.

Very messed up: filters could be ordered by p/n, but when dealers searched the system of schematics for ALL Toyota's and Lexi, the part was unknown.

What is the trick in getting this out without taking the dash apart??

I'm nervous to push too hard because it catches in the bottom left corner..

What is the trick in getting this out without taking the dash apart??

I'm nervous to push too hard because it catches in the bottom left corner..

I broke my old cover getting it out cause I pulled too hard. Putting the new one in I just relaxed and didn't rush it. Took me a bit to find the right angle but it went in fine. You have to pull the dash bar out a bit to fit it in.

Removing some of the support bracket bolts/nuts, will allow cover to slip out.

006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
004.JPG
001.JPG

So, I ended up getting the door out, and I purchased the upgrade kit from a fellow member here.

But I didn't install the filter door.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the filter and the duct work don't line up... The filter sits high on the door, and the ac duct that flows through the evaporator core is on the bottom.

I felt that this would cause the filter to not even be used, so I opted out.

If anyone wants the conversion kit I bought, let me know.

Check your unit, and make sure to order a new door gasket.

IMG_6926.jpg
IMG_6927.JPG

I bought two filters from Amazon before checking to see if I have the proper doors. Two questions:

1: I live in Georgia and it's too hot down here to try and constantly cool the outside air. The AC blows MUCH colder, in my experience, once it turns over the cabin air once or twice. Do these filters work even if the air is on recirculate mode?

2: I know that neither of the line drawings of the cooler door actually depict the easy access cover, but does the attached picture show that I'm ordering the correct part numbers?

IMG_1801.PNG

Hi All

I have just begun this conversion and bought the filters today. However, when I tried to install the filters they will only go in half way. It looks like a there is a wall in the cooler box that shouldn't be there if the filters are to fit?

20171214_102045.jpg

20171214_102131.jpg

Had same issue with mine here in NZ while retrofitting my 2001 VX LTD. After sourcing the new cover and two filters I found the filter slot was only half the depth of everone elses on these write ups. Took to the filters with a hacksaw cut them in half so they now fit. A little Heath Robinson but after the cover is clipped on no-one else but you and me and all the other retrofit fiends will know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom