Cabin air filter size for JDM LC100 VX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, the cabin air filters that "should" work for this year & model don't fit and are much too long to fit into the filter slot. (See pics below). Does anyone know of a filter that would work for this model? I've got a 1998 JDM LC100 VX (Model: KG-HDJ101K-RNPGZ) and I've seen tutorials on the forums and on YouTube that say to use the Denso 453-1001 or the Toyota 88568-60010 filters, and yet those are far too big. They are about 12" long and the space I see on my rig is only about half that, around 6" deep. Any ideas? Thanks.
20240228_160737.jpg
20240228_160639.jpg
20240228_160710.jpg

What's in there in the second picture? It looks like you've got a filter installed. I'm just wondering what it looks like side-by-side with the filters that are too long. Or if you could get a part number from it.

edit: Is it possible someone took a single filter and stood it upright instead of having two laying one on top of the other?

That filter will work on a 8/2002+ build JDM 100, not yours. I don't see one available for yours but doesn't mean there isn't one.

That filter will work on a 8/2002+ build JDM 100, not yours. I don't see one available for yours but doesn't mean there isn't one.
What's odd is that there's a little access "door" there but I don't think filters were ever installed in there. Meaning, it was a JDM option that the first owner didn't take. But searching various parts sites for my make/model/year I don't see cabin filters even mentioned.

What's in there in the second picture? It looks like you've got a filter installed. I'm just wondering what it looks like side-by-side with the filters that are too long. Or if you could get a part number from it.

edit: Is it possible someone took a single filter and stood it upright instead of having two laying one on top of the other?
I don't think it's a filter, I think it's part of the A/C system and is a metal "radiator" or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom