Cabin air filter? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a little confused about the presence of cabin air filter in Landcruiser 100 Amazon Diesel.

While inquiring about servicing the AC system from two different mechanics, one said the filter does not exist in this type of car. The other, separately said it does exist.

What is the truth?

My 02 didn't have a cabin filter but looking at the HVAC box behind the glove compartment there is a provision for the lid of a 100/LX that does come with the CF. Bought the lid from Toyota and used a multi-tool to cut the slot where the lid fits using the retainers built-in to all the 100's. Vacuumed out the debris and installed the factory filters and snapped in the lid. Easy upgrade if you want a cabin filter.

My 02 didn't have a cabin filter but looking at the HVAC box behind the glove compartment there is a provision for the lid of a 100/LX that does come with the CF. Bought the lid from Toyota and used a multi-tool to cut the slot where the lid fits using the retainers built-in to all the 100's. Vacuumed out the debris and installed the factory filters and snapped in the lid. Easy upgrade if you want a cabin filter.
Thanks for sharing.

In the absence of cabin filter (by design), what is the recommended way to use AC? Are we better off using AC in Re-circulate mode than Fresh Air mode?

What does Toyota say about this, if at all?

Take a few minutes and check to see if you have the filter door. Just open the glovebox and drop it down. You'll see the small door behind the glovebox if it's there. My 1998 Land Cruiser isn't supposed to have the filters, but the door was there from the factory. All I had to do was buy the filters and install them myself.

Take a few minutes and check to see if you have the filter door. Just open the glovebox and drop it down. You'll see the small door behind the glovebox if it's there. My 1998 Land Cruiser isn't supposed to have the filters, but the door was there from the factory. All I had to do was buy the filters and install them myself.
Thank you!

I'm a relatively new LC100 owner (year 2004) and am interested in exploring this in my truck. I've seen a video online that made it look like you have unscrew/disassemble part of the dash in order to get to the CF. @Dwight S : you mentioned just "dropping it down." Do you have a picture?

Does anyone have a recommendation for which air filters to buy? Thanks!

I'm a relatively new LC100 owner (year 2004) and am interested in exploring this in my truck. I've seen a video online that made it look like you have unscrew/disassemble part of the dash in order to get to the CF. @Dwight S : you mentioned just "dropping it down." Do you have a picture?

Does anyone have a recommendation for which air filters to buy? Thanks!
In my LC100 2002, there are two screws holding the glove box at the bottom. I unscrew these then drop the box.

Thanks, all! I got the box dropped and see this. The plastic piece I'm holding appears to be removable if I unscrew a few screws. But it doesn't look like there's a slot for the CF...?
1000003297.jpg

Thanks, all! I got the box dropped and see this. The plastic piece I'm holding appears to be removable if I unscrew a few screws. But it doesn't look like there's a slot for the CF...? View attachment 3465659
Remove that piece. Looks to me like you have the cabin air filter door behind it.
1000003297~2.jpg

Yours isn't just cleaner than mine, it also looks a little bit different.
PXL_20231026_161539892.MP.jpg

No door, but can be retrofit to fit one.

These are what you need. I carry this retrofit kit but not sure if shipping cost feasible.
IMG_3643.jpeg

I need to install that seal(AC drip), debating on adding the filters. Have an 03 that came without.

Parts needed:
88891-60040 The larger cover
88891-60060 The door for the slot

Best video instructions:

Which of these filters do you guys think is the best?

1. OEM filter 88568-60010
2. FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter w/ Baking Soda, CF11923
3. Denso 453-1001 Cabin Air Filter

(There used to be a Bosch N95 type of filter that's no longer available from what I read.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom