Anyone have a head gasket DVD they are willing to sell me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry to start a new thread, but I tried to contact idahodan himself and have been unable too. I've already started the job and have the FSM and another book, but I'm more of a visual learner and this DVD would really help out. Thank you!

It seems this DVD is becoming hard to find. If you find it, can you PM me and we can figure out a way to reproduce it? I'd like to have a copy, too. Thanks.

Visuals are helpful, such as TexasKnowHow's oil cooler seal video on YouTube. Everyone learns differently, and for many of us a step by step narrated video which can be paused, watched and rewatched is a great supplement to the FSM.

The DVD was made by @IdahoDoug so just go to the source for one.

The DVD was made by @IdahoDoug so just go to the source for one.
He doesn't respond anymore and many people have asked and it gets mentioned in every one of these threads.

I think it's time for the group to make to make a decision on this. I have a copy and I would be willing to send a copy to someone that agreed to either post it as a link in a way that will give Doug credit for it or make DVD's and keep track how many they are making and how much curating the job is taking in terms of time and resources and then charge a nominal fee accordingly.

It is a worthwhile video, but it really isn't a nut and bolt video for every step. It's more of a couple clips of several major sections and he talks about what he did. The best tip in the whole video is to pull the lower intake manifold away from the head rather than disconnect all of the wires and thread them all through.

Any thoughts here would be appreciated. I am not using my copy to start an open source on youtube or something, I will say that for sure.

A DVD has been located. After I'm done using it, I will come on with a way to pay it forward and credit Doug the creator. Thanks!

If everyone is ok with it i will put it on DVD for price of shipping and offer it for download once i have one.

You guys need to get Doug's permission. It's his property.

I think his brother is on here as well. But
I might be wrong.

I would be willing to Trade my Copy for the Kim K & Ray J Tape, but you have to promise to ship it discretely.
Please do not put it in a Veggie Tales or Finding Nemo case like last time.
Please do not send a PM offering to trade for The Notebook or Titanic. I already have 3 copies of each.

I would be willing to Trade my Copy for the Kim K & Ray J Tape, but you have to promise to ship it discretely.
Please do not put it in a Veggie Tales or Finding Nemo case like last time.
Please do not send a PM offering to trade for The Notebook or Titanic. I already have 3 copies of each.

How about a pirates of the Caribbean pre-release?

How about a pirates of the Caribbean pre-release?
Only if Signed by a DirtBall Depp!

Now if it's an Original Princess Bride, this is a done deal.

Last edited:
You guys need to get Doug's permission. It's his property.

^^^^^^^^ Thank You.

This type of pirating...doesn't seem to bother many folks these days.

I guess like you, we are too old fashioned.

There is a Simple Solution:

Copy the DVD and send Doug the Money, minus the price of the DVD ($1).

He is choosing to make it not available.

Or we could pool the $$$ and Commission Texasknowhow.

If it wasn't copyrighted it's not really pirating. Although technically I would agree, and personally if I made the DVD I would certainly be selling it. But if he is around and doesn't want to sell them then I don't take issue with someone copying them. As long as they are not profiting from it.

If I were you, I would try a little harder to reach out to @IdahoDoug and see if he's willing to give you permission to reproduce his DVD if he no longer has interest in doing so himself.
I make my living in the creative industry and it really sucks when ideas, concepts & products owned by an individual get hacked by others.
I'd be careful about the opinion that " if it wasn't copyrighted it's not really pirating " as this could come back and bite you pretty hard.
It wouldn't take too much effort to prove he has the intellectual property rights to that video.

I get it, and think the DVD should be available, but if he wanted it distributed freely, he would have said so somewhere on the DVD or in his threads. Anyway, I'm not the ethics police, & you can do what you want.
Good luck & I hope you do get in touch with him and figure out a solution to getting the DVD out to those who need it.

If it wasn't copyrighted it's not really pirating. Although technically I would agree, and personally if I made the DVD I would certainly be selling it. But if he is around and doesn't want to sell them then I don't take issue with someone copying them. As long as they are not profiting from it.

Agreed it is not 'legal' theft/piracy of intellectual property if the DVD was not copyrighted.

But anyone that has been here long knows that Doug created the DVD... has made it available (for sale) for many years and went to a good amount of effort to do so.

The 'profit' from copying his work would not be 'monetary' (if not sold for gain)...but is instead realized in the form of instruction/information that results in less work (if you do the job yourself) and eliminates the need to hire a mechanic. So there is such a thing as 'profit' that doesn't manifest as a purely monetary notion.

It's a 'Moral' choice I suppose. Everyone may do as they will.

If I were you, I would try a little harder to reach out to @IdahoDoug and see if he's willing to give you permission to reproduce his DVD if he no longer has interest in doing so himself.
I make my living in the creative industry and it really sucks when ideas, concepts & products owned by an individual get hacked by others.
I'd be careful about the opinion that " if it wasn't copyrighted it's not really pirating " as this could come back and bite you pretty hard.
It wouldn't take too much effort to prove he has the intellectual property rights to that video.

I get it, and think the DVD should be available, but if he wanted it distributed freely, he would have said so somewhere on the DVD or in his threads. Anyway, I'm not the ethics police, & you can do what you want.
Good luck & I hope you do get in touch with him and figure out a solution to getting the DVD out to those who need it.

Well said Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom