3D Printed Key Fob Shells - Trapezoid Two-Button (1 Viewer)

What's your color preference?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 95 80 fob is a 2 button square not like you have pictured Will it work ??

^^^^^Same ? as above ^^^^^^

Can you guys find a picture on Google or post a pic of yours? This one won't fit if it's not the trapezoid shape, but I'm working on a couple other fobs and open to other new options if people have a demand for them.

Like this?

Screenshot_20170430-143041.png

That's what I have idk if it's for 100 series but I went to my Toyota dealership cause I lost mine and that's what they gave me

That's what I have idk if it's for 100 series but I went to my Toyota dealership cause I lost mine and that's what they gave me

Lots of remotes can be programmed to the RS3000 unit. I have a 4runner fob tied to mine.

That being said, if the case isn't the trapezoid shape I don't see the guts fitting the case the OP has made.

Yeah, my case in this thread will only work for the trapezoid shaped remote. The remote pictured above here though, is the next one I'm making. That seems to be a really common shape and one that's often broken.

Keep an eye out for that next design... ;)

Haha, 2 votes for orange!

When will there be an orange option?

Group buy order is in production now at the printer and scheduled for delivery early next week. I'll turn them around to you guys shortly after a quick quality check.

Folks wanting ORANGE: reach out to me and let me know. Kaninja will have an orange on the way soon and I can lump in some other folks if there is interest. After this first Orange run, I'll have to put a premium on Orange as I don't plan on stocking it normally.

Speak now or forever hold your... black fobs...

I don't have an alarm/remote in my truck, but if I did I would be ordering. Nice job.

I like your idea for the replacement cover. My old OEM cover is still in decent shape without cracks, but what I hate about it is when the button is pressed when it is in my pocket. I have had it lock/unlock unexpectedly on several occasions, and have even had the panic mode tripped which set off the extremely annoying honking.

How about a slight mod to the replacement cover that puts a raised bead around the buttons to reduce accidental triggers?

@60wag I think my design has the buttons a little more sheltered than the OEM design, but I'll take a closer look at home and see if I can get some good comparison pictures. I could certainly add a bead around the perimeter of the buttons to shield them from errant presses if needed.

I still owe @60wag an answer, but I thought I'd let others know:

To install your existing internals into the remote you will need to pry out the battery holder from your old fob. This is tricky and pending how brittle your old fob case is you may snap a couple of the small pins inside the old case getting the metal holder out. Not a big deal, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I'll see if I can get a YouTube video posted up showing the install process.

Of course, if you have any questions, contact me here or via my info on the business card in your package!

First batch of ORANGE shells shipped out to me today and I should have those early next week. If there's enough interest I'll stock those long term, but as of now they'll be a special order item.

Everyone who ordered just the regular BLACK should have your order by now or very soon. Tracking emails should have gone out if Paypal did its thing correctly. Let me know how it goes, I'm anxious to get first impressions on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom