AHC fluid out of stock nationally, any ideas where else to get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a 2000lx470 and part of my baselining is flushing ahc and bringing NP back into range.

I just called a toyota dealership and a lexus and both said they are part of a national backorder.

I was able to find some at a lexus parts site but the hazardous material charge was higher then the two jugs of fluid.

Any ideas?

Amazon says they have one bottle left

I just picked up a 2000lx470 and part of my baselining is flushing ahc and bringing NP back into range.

I just called a toyota dealership and a lexus and both said they are part of a national backorder.

I was able to find some at a lexus parts site but the hazardous material charge was higher then the two jugs of fluid.

Any ideas?
When I went to buy some, the parts guy said the metal containers had been replaced with the 1 liter plastic bottles version. I flushed mine a couple of weekends ago, and it looked the same. The system seems to be working fine, too.

IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7286.JPG

I just picked up 5x 1lt bottles today. Place the order on sat.
My friend in the parts dept had a hard time ordering with the old parts#, when i gave him the new part #. Had no issues. local warehouse had plenty. The new part number wasn't even in their local computer system to look up.

I just picked up 5x 1lt bottles today. Place the order on sat.
My friend in the parts dept had a hard time ordering with the old parts#, when i gave him the new part #. Had no issues. local warehouse had plenty. The new part number wasn't even in their local computer system to look up.

Its a good thing the internet knows toyota parts better then the toyota employees who job it is. When Toyota and Lexus said the old number was out of stock nation wide i asked what happens if someone has a failure? They both made a confused noise and said they just had to wait until it was back in stock. Neither seemed to have any clue what suspension fluid was or that there was an alternative number.

So 08886-81221 supersedes the old 08886-01805 (2.5L can)?

I've read that you need 2 cans (5L) to do a whole flush, so I just bought 5 of the new part number. That source is significantly cheaper, you just saved me an extra $45. Thanks!

So 08886-81221 supersedes the old 08886-01805 (2.5L can)?

I've read that you need 2 cans (5L) to do a whole flush, so I just bought 5 of the new part number. That source is significantly cheaper, you just saved me an extra $45. Thanks!

There is a a method to flush the system with "1 can", or 2.5L, which I guess now would = "The 3 Can Method":

AHC Fluid Change How To -- Need Input

When I went to buy some, the parts guy said the metal containers had been replaced with the 1 liter plastic bottles version. I flushed mine a couple of weekends ago, and it looked the same. The system seems to be working fine, too.

View attachment 1447261

View attachment 1447262

It seems a rather poor labeling decision to picture an automatic transmission shifter on the front of a bottle of fluid that is not supposed to go in the tranny...

Well, I got this email this morning from OEMGenuineParts.com:

"Sorry for the inconvenience but we are not shipping suspension fluid at this time. You will be refunded."

Dunno what now...

Well, if they are no longer going to produce the AHC fluid, I guess my plans to go conventional on my LX got moved forward. Was planning on flushing mine in the next 15k. I'm pretty sure my local Toyota dealer has 3-4 cans OEM AHC fluid. I'll double check and let the forum know.

Well, I got this email this morning from OEMGenuineParts.com:

"Sorry for the inconvenience but we are not shipping suspension fluid at this time. You will be refunded."

Dunno what now...

Funny, i got the same email. I am trying my other go to OEMpartssource. If that one doesn't work ill get it from the dealer for $15 each. When i called yesterday the dealer said 6 days and needs to be pre paid.

So i just got off the phone with oem geniune parts source and it sounds like this stuff is is becoming hard to find. My local dealer said its likely not "in stock" anywhere because its considered shop supplies not parts for warehousing so it might not be in computers. After talking to the guy at oemgenuineparts it seems like this has all been on backorder for quiet some time so the people that DO have dont exactly advertise it because they need it on hand in case a customer comes in that needs service since they cant replenish stock. He also said there seems to be a large stock of it in KY but that might be for manufacturing purposes and thats why they dont sell it.

I cant imagine they can phase it out as it is currently being used in new cars on sale today but its definitely weird and doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies to spend $400 on fluid, laptop, techstreem, and two new rear springs instead of putting that money towards an LC suspension swap.

I would be extremely surprised to find that they just aren't making it anymore.

If you look on the back label of that photo above, it says "Manufactured by Idemitsu Kosan". So, maybe it's just a snafu at their factory. I'm starting to lean the same way, saving for a LC suspension swap.

20170426_000636.jpg
I picked up 2 cans at a local lexus dealership for $96.67

lan man, post: 10968996, member: 33127"]View attachment 1448563 I picked up 2 cans at a local lexus dealership for $96.67[/QUOTE]

Those are the same cans that show out of stock nationaly. It seems like luck of the draw since dealerships arent putting them in their systems for other dealers to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom