Hardtop Restoration Cost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It sounds like they were able to pull it all together. When I purchased the FJ40 it had a softtop and the hardtop had been sitting around out side for years and was all nasty so I had never installed it. Lots of unknowns without ever being installed plus the body panel replacement that had to be done.

Thats great. Lets see some pics! When I was putting my top back on, I had new flanged bolts and an impact driver. I dont think I would have been able to get a lot of them started without that combo. I remember it being a long night

Here is the hard top getting its Raptor coating for the headliner. I am digging this look vs the fabric headliner that I would stick my fishing pole through in no time.

app0MokBxQzrD3EaCmS3Z40pkANdoB2tH6NhVRFE-udMaDLxt3KwZEyoQu1uQ541slcYCWGUsHgSMp1JWLxt-QItQmvlFFydOCSLI3-f60rAYkTpMrGiGghQOZZkPgWyWWLQmxKr3m03XdyrrbP_njdE7-xO-4_hO6wFvLX06w3fABeYUZ5cz2fp7m8WeRIeuzbrav4WHuyIONqT-GwNbqy7v_4-5HDe1a2yYGLysPw22398DDnDpdt9uGyghvBEz_3JDL8Su265rwsUQedOJ-zEne6I8qXyE6T4qoMI4CG2nENykiwC1nkhunSRMVc0GmLDf_WBpaPvWtwKeYFFnqWDYK_5ucy76OPiHBXzvL4x_1C8p-5WeFjelKnaIdpoMV_OfJPqOd94rp-6BXdQhCt2qp4kID8L6v_ZvMr80EKjxcAgyAieIsf0nAswjTSMoVLrlsoiFZp7NdOLELxJ4FZP3zU6I14zbJU9HvtWzKFnKzkp6uPIJrm62v_eWPjyZ3TYzR6MjRO5Kwt1kBCtzr7qRc3yCGc2Ba4nJW_zA16W80Vg_yPgdm5XcJibF7SxJ22rTsb3XdblX-CQcYh-bVz8P3muHUXiRgqw6m8q6Wur32z0cjrvng=w731-h974-no

Well at least it looks great! You might want to consider some backless automotive carpet on the the underside to help with some noise dampening. So many hard surfaces for sound to reflect off of. That is my plan.

Well at least it looks great! You might want to consider some backless automotive carpet on the the underside to help with some noise dampening. So many hard surfaces for sound to reflect off of. That is my plan.
I might look into this but I have heard carpet is looked badly on in the FJ world. If it is too loud, I will just install a headliner and to keep the white clean look. I have carpet in my truck camper shell, it is old and is always dropping little carpet pcs all over. Definitely not going Stevebradfords option above!!

It's actually a thin silky bed sheet. I pulled the old head liner out and sanded all the crusty foam and glue off. Laid the sheet over and used a thinned fibreglass resin painted on the sheet so that it was all evenly saturated and stretched into the corners. Let that dry. do a second coat over the entire thing and you have a solid glossy hard shell.

I also did Raptor liner on the inside of my roof panel. Matching the Cygnus white, by tinting it. Turned out nice... and easy to clean. Gutter is rebuilt, painted and riveted and caulked. Just need to spray the side panels and rear doors.. ;)

I also did Raptor liner on the inside of my roof panel. Matching the Cygnus white, by tinting it. Turned out nice... and easy to clean. Gutter is rebuilt, painted and riveted and caulked. Just need to spray the side panels and rear doors.. ;)
How's is the cab noise without having something sound deadening? Glad to hear you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom