My rear seatbelts are less than functional: HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
I'm sick of the seat belts refusing to extend normally. They barely work and everytime I go from the seat folded flat to upright, it takes a few minutes of fighting to make them work again.

I'd like shoulder belts, that would make everyone feel warmer and fuzzier...but at this point I wouldn't even mind either cleaning these out and fixing the mechanisim or replacing them with another set of lap belts.

I can't be the only one to have fought this. Any suggestions?

There are many threads here on that subject. I am in the middle of installing seatbeltplanet.com rear retracting shoulder belts, and will be posting a thread when I'm done. Until then, try a search like I did.

They are usually cleanable for sure. I don't remember the threads I found but I remember them being plentiful. 5 years later and mine still work ... pretty well :) Will be time for another rehab soon.

I may have been the first to do the rear three point belts from Seatbelt Planet. I like them a lot. Here's a link to my build thread. Seatbelt info starts on page 3. Post #57.

The Rushing Turdle

Last edited:
Alex - some year 60's have a threaded hole in the C pillar to support a shoulder belt. See this thread detailing the subject.

Fj62 Rear Shoulder Belts in FJ60

I replaced all my belts with new ones from seatbeltsplus.com.

They are fine - the front retractable belts are very sensitive when retracting, such that they lock several times when trying to put them on. Every time someone new gets in the truck I have to explain that they have to slowly put the belt on. It's definitely annoying, but you get used to it eventually.

I bought non-retractable lap belts for the rears which were very straightforward to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom