Camping Cot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ewillis

SILVER Star
Threads
Getting off the ground this year and need to purchase in 3 weeks. What are you guys using? Just interested in standard camping cots, not tent cots or RTT.

I'm kind of a fat bastard, and like to stretch out, so I got this one. When I'm not using my trailer, and using my ARB tent room connected to my awning, I use this....

Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot 120 - Free Shipping

I use a pad like this....

Cabela's Deluxe Cot Pads : Cabela's

It's not light, and it's not small, but it is extremely comfortable. The whole setup takes less then 5 minutes to deploy.

My only complaint about the cot (besides the weight and size) is it tends to be a bit noisy while turning on it..but well worth it from a comfort standpoint.

Camp time roll a cot. My go to.

Wide Roll-a-Cot®

Add an ExPed mega mat and it is better than a bed at home

X2

The Roll-a-Cot is so much lighter and plenty strong for a 300 lb. person. There is no more comfortable or better insulating pad than an ExPed DownMat. Guys that sleep on cots 100+ days per year swear by the ExPed.

Camp time roll a cot. My go to.

Wide Roll-a-Cot®

Add an ExPed mega mat and it is better than a bed at home

I have to ask, I want to set up a cot in the back of my 60. This cot only has 2 legs, which means no center
leg where the wheel well sticks up. Have you put it in the back of a 60/80 and if you haven't could you
see if it fits? I'd be ecstatic if this sets up on the rear floor against the side of the back of a 60.

I use USA military surplus cots. You can buy brand new if you look. Super strong and can hold the heaviest of us...Genuine Military Issue Folding Cot

This isn't where I bought mine, just an example. Hard to set up until you the tricks to it. Kids could use them for trampolines.

I run Cabelas. Cots are a game changer in rocky terrain (and temperate weather)

Cabela's Camp Cot – Brown : Cabela's

I also use a narrow inflatable air mattress, that helps when it is cold (the bottom of the sleeping bag gets compressed and you lose insulation). The pad tends to lessen the curve of the cot.

The cot buddy/caddy they sell is a nice addition, too

I have to ask, I want to set up a cot in the back of my 60. This cot only has 2 legs, which means no center
leg where the wheel well sticks up. Have you put it in the back of a 60/80 and if you haven't could you
see if it fits? I'd be ecstatic if this sets up on the rear floor against the side of the back of a 60.

I will try it in my 80, it will be very high and you wouldn't have room to sit up. What you want to know is if the legs will allow you to straddle the wheel well and still close the tailgate?

You mean the frame actually bent? I wouldn't of thought that, being such a heavy frame.
Yep. Slight bow in it, but still serviceable. It has an aluminum frame, not steel. It's similar to this one: Amazon.com: US GI Military Folding Cot: Sports & Outdoors, although I think 20 years ago I paid around $75 for it.

I could probably span it across a couple of 4x4's and step/jump/beat on it, to get it back to near straight, but haven't. Like I posted, just a heads up, don't sit 350 pounds on the side rail and expect it to stay straight. My 200 pounds doesn't flex it much, if at all.

Last edited:
For the OP: I wouldn't go camping without my cot + air mattress. I even strap them to the back of my Harley. If you don't tent, get the add-on insect netting, or mini-tent cover. I like my comforts....

Last edited:
Yep. Slight bow in it, but still serviceable. It has an aluminum frame, not steel. It's similar to this one: Amazon.com: US GI Military Folding Cot: Sports & Outdoors, although I think 20 years ago I paid around $75 for it.

I could probably span it across a couple of 4x4's and step/jump/beat on it, to get it back to near straight, but haven't. Like I posted, just a heads up, don't sit 350 pounds on the side rail and expect it to stay straight. My 200 pounds doesn't flex it much, if at all.

Cabela's Army Cot : Cabela's

Cabelas has it....$89 versus amazon at $115, Cabelas is 2 inches narrower,...I bet it is the same thing

Used to use the Mil surplus cots, use the OzTent stretcher now. A little easier to set up since the fabric isn't as taught as the mil
Surplus one. The surplus ones were made for being set up for a long time. OzTents are made for one-nighters.

I will try it in my 80, it will be very high and you wouldn't have room to sit up. What you want to know is if the legs will allow you to straddle the wheel well and still close the tailgate?
Yes, I do know the front seat will have to be pushed forward. My 60 has seats from a Subaru ( don't ask ) but it is
exactly 72" from seat back to tailgate with the seat in a riding position. But if the rear leg on the cot straddles, then
I'd be happy. Not worried about sitting up, I just don't want to build some big wood bench/drawer/bed thing.
Thanks for doing this, very much appreciated. J

So I emailed Wide Roll-a-Cot®
Got an answer from them right away.
This cot should fit in the back of the wagon. The legs are 13 1/2" from the end of the frame rails at each end.
The inner measurement from inside of legs is 46", so the legs should sit front and rear of the wheelwells in the
back of the 60 series.
I will double check all my measurements when I get home, but this might work perfectly for sleeping in the back.

Extra Long Cot - Tall Paul's Tall Mall

pic-long-cot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom