40 FST experts. Need some input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a 65 FST and kept the door hinges from the soft doors. I'm debating on using them with my hard doors since they weigh considerably more than the soft doors. Can you tell if the hinges are original to the hard doors or did someone swap them over from soft doors? Are the hinges handling the weight of the hard doors okay?
Did the same thing on this truck. It's much easier to remove the doors. It's a 67, but went with newer style doors because they are lighter than pre74 style. Also has 1979 hardtop for winter. It's a fst model.

IMG952342.jpg

I had a 65 FST and kept the door hinges from the soft doors. I'm debating on using them with my hard doors since they weigh considerably more than the soft doors. Can you tell if the hinges are original to the hard doors or did someone swap them over from soft doors? Are the hinges handling the weight of the hard doors okay?

I swap mine as well... been doing it this way for YEARS... and probably have 100,000 miles on the hinges and they have held up really well... I do regularly lube them

IMG_0386.JPG

Oh nice... that's what I was hoping for. I feel better about using them with my hard doors now. Wonder if these hinges ever left the factory bolted up to the hard doors.

This leads me to my next question about FST hinges. Did these hinges originally have a rubber seal for the female end? My set didn't have any sort of gasket like the standard hinges do. I anticipated cutting up some standard hinges just for the gaskets to seal the door pillars at the cowl.

Last edited:
Your only issue will be the eyebolt for the safety straps. Opening and hinge location are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom